Shimano Customer Service "IMPRESSIVE"

speedtroll

Hello All

Just wanted to share a good news story.

I had my Calcutta 700 gears give out at Lakair this summer.

Seeing as I bought it used and it is a few years old I figured I would be spending some coin on a new reel.

A friend suggested i send it to Shimano and see what they say.

I did and I got an email a couple days later saying that they replaced all the gears and upgraded the drag system for good measure.

They did all that for $28 including shipping. I could not believe it. A brand new reel.

Very sweet.

Now i really know why all my reels are Shimano.

Could you please provide details as to where you shipped it. I have a couple of Chronarchs making noise.

I would guess he shipped it here:

Shimano Canada, LTD

427 Pido Road

Peterborough, ON. K9J 6X7

Shimano Canada, LTD.

(877) 377-5211

yep, great company to deal with. good customer service goes a very long way. I have broken almost two rods every summer for the last 4 years. Mostly my fault, car doors, live wells, stepped on. All rods had been replaced for the low cost of shipping. All rods from now on will be Shimano or Loomis

just hope if you break a rod/reel, they have one in stock - somewhere in north america.

or you will be waiting ...... for a long time.

currently awaiting replacement of another NRX (893) due to glue failure as well as a replacement of a crucial crankbait rod. all were sent in first week of July.

That would be about 3 months waiting now.

Shimano is not known for keeping much stock on hand.

I took out what im assuming is the pawl gear trolling the Larry on my Tecota 600LC, and maybe a few other issues, took it down to be looked at and fixed, and im sure it will come back like new, the product is only as good as the service, and the service is 2nd to none, and it helps that the service and warranty dept are in town.

I took out what im assuming is the pawl gear trolling the Larry on my Tecota 600LC, and maybe a few other issues, took it down to be looked at and fixed, and im sure it will come back like new, the product is only as good as the service, and the service is 2nd to none, and it helps that the service and warranty dept are in town.

Just picked up my Tecota 600 LC, 33.90 was the total bill including taxes, for replacing the pawl gear, drag washers, and a good cleaning, you cant go wrong with that, service beyond the sale. thanx shimano