Prettiest lake ever

danc

Lots of factors in water clarity.

Water/ground chemistry

Lake bed material/ composition

Inflows

wave/wind/currents

water temp

In general the clearer the lake is the less potential for food for fish.

Again, very beautiful water clarity on that lake DanC.

Reminds me of Arctic Char lakes in Northern Quebec were there is no food except other chars.

Did find a lake similar called Hambone L. in Algonquin Park.

It was a headwater at top of system; beautiful similar water but no fish.

Awesome coloration....I've never seen a northern lake so blue!

I know of a lake In Algonquin that is similarily "green" though...

Its clear down to an easy 20-30'....when the sun is shining its a bit more aqua/blue but on the Overcast days its Emerald green.

I've been told there is a lot of Limestone in the lake and the cold springs in the lake keep it from getting much turbidity or algae.

That combined with the shore being lined with several bogs...its naturally filtered clear.

It is also high in elevation and has no Feeder creeks running in, only creeks running out through the bogs.

I don't know this to be factualy correct as to why the lake is so clear and green...it just what I was told.

But she sure is purdy :D

Dan, I think that's a lake I need to visit!!! Photo-ops would be unreal with a polarized filter and a nice sunny day!

I actually had a polarizer on for this shot Bill. Not a great shot with the boat in the foreground.

albany8.jpg

As much as I would have liked to take the time to set up for some better shots, time is of the essence when your handling an airplane, dragging a 16' boat out of the woods, putting the motor on it, setting up rods, etc. Especially if you're with a couple of non photographers. But I hear ya. I could go back to this lake with a camera only, and leave the fishing gear at home. Some day, maybe.