SIMON SAYS

asdve23rveavwa

It feels like I've known Simon (aka Pikeslayer) for a couple years, although, Saturday morning was the first time we ever met face to face. This long awaited meeting took place due to Simon's generous offer of a morning of fishing on Lake O aboard his boat as a donation for the Fishing For A Cure For Cancer event. I was fortunate enough to be the recipient, and who better to take with me than Juli and her dad Craig. Craig has helped us so much with our basement work in the last year, it was the least I could do.

So the stage was set for what turned out to be a picture perfect morning on Lake Ontario. What a great way to end the final weekend before our family trip up north.

I'll let the "pics" tell the story.

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6852.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

Not sure if Simon was doing the Breakfast Club or Rocky on this one...

IMG_6880.jpg

Juli's new PB Rainbow,29" and really fat!!

IMG_6886.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

My SSE (smallest salmon ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

IMG_6901.jpg

The crew gave me a do-over, lol, nice little "eater" bow

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

Juli with another little salmon

IMG_6929.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

One happy dude!!

IMG_6941.jpg

The captain gets a turn

IMG_6948.jpg

Craig at the wheel

IMG_6966.jpg

The post fishing group shot

IMG_7003.jpg

Have a couple of pretty funny videos of Juli fighting fish that I may add later. Anybody that has witnessed it can vouch for her excitement.

Thanks, again, Simon for a fantastic time on the water. The fish truly were a bonus...for those that care, we went 9 for 10 including Juli's PB bow and my 30" bow that I didn't bother posting a photo of due to some blood around it's mouth.

All four of us couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Looking forward to sharing a boat with you again Simon :clapping:

Edited by FRANKIE65

Have a couple of pretty funny videos of Juli fighting fish that I may add later. Anybody that has witnessed it can vouch for her excitement.

Yes, please post a video Frank for those who have never fished with Juli. Her excitement & enthusiasm were the highlights of the day (SSE being a close second). Best fishergirl aboard ever :thumbsup_anim:

And BTW, I'm pretty sure I asked Juli not to take any pictures of me without my hat as I did not have time to do my hair in the morning :whistling:

Edited by pikeslayer

Simon- for the record, you asked me not to take a mad-doctor hair pic AFTER I took that one... I listened... But Frankie happened to like your wild silhouette!!!

It was definitely a great time, and it was certainly a much appreciated prize from the Fish A Thon for a Cure- so thank you again! Simon, you are a character...and fun to be out fishing with! Shucks...thanks for the compliment!

As for the reaction to my fish... I blame the lack of oxygen to my lungs as my muscles took over!!!

It is always a treat to have my dad out with me-- he's an insanely selfless guy (and the best dad) who inspired my love (and wacky enthusiasm) of fishing... So that was a real treat!!!

My biceps today remind me of how many times I reeled those little and biggies in! Fun, fun, fun!

Looks like a great day out there. Simon - you know what I mean when I say when it comes to watching, and listening to Juli when she has a fish on, it is a riot. Enthusiatic only touches the exitement. You just cant help but smile and share her energy. Sweet bow ther Juli - congrats on the PB.clapping.gif Glad you guys finally got together and got a chance to get Craig out too. Looks like the Simon guy has them dialed in pretty well.

Thanks, Rick!!

For the record, Rick and Simon both have the recipe for a great day on Lake O: technique, instinct, and the ability to get us on some fun fish!! I mean, come on, who can't have fun?!!! It was interesting to see the lake from a different angle, but it is gorgeous from any angle at an early hour!

IMG_6860.jpg

Looks like a great day out there. Simon - you know what I mean when I say when it comes to watching, and listening to Juli when she has a fish on, it is a riot. Enthusiatic only touches the exitement. You just cant help but smile and share her energy. Sweet bow ther Juli - congrats on the PB.clapping.gif Glad you guys finally got together and got a chance to get Craig out too. Looks like the Simon guy has them dialed in pretty well.

We should work out a trip trade next year Rick. I've never fished out of Jordan.

I know that spot!

Glad you guys had a great day, that Simon guy is alright.

Hey Dan-O, we really had a blast. Thanks, bud!

Awesome Report Frank. Looks like you all had a great day, that is a great prize as well.

Thanks, Chris. Glad you got out with Rick that morning, too. We'll have to get together for some of those Erie smallies!

Great report!! Always nice to pick up a new PB, congrats!! Nice hat Frank! Mine could be a new lucky fishing hat for me. :D

Thanks, Will! That bow fought like a salmon, Juli had a great time bringing it in. Yup, love the Fishing For A Cure/Shimano cap...lightweight, and, adds great colour to photos (THANKS to Dave Mercer for that one)

Great morning shots, and that 29" bow is a monster! Way to contribute nearly all the fish on your team Juliewhistling.gifw00t.gif

Hey Chad!! First off congrats!! Second, yeah, Juli really seems to be carrying that team, LOL.

Everyone else, thanks for the comments. Juli, the boys, and I are hitting the road north in three days. Time to shift the focus from silver to gold :D

Edited by FRANKIE65