Will thease be comfortable

Skipper D

So i go into Bass Pro the other day to price new captain seats for in the cabin of my boat ...... four hundred bucks each , my hands trembled and i just could'nt seem to pull out my wallet , i head back for home thinking all the way theres got to be cheaper way to put good seats in the boat . Then the other night i had an idea on how this might be done and i hit the kijiji web site where theres so much to look at . This morning an email came back with a yes ..... we still have them .... , off i went and returned with thease for fourty bucks each , hardly used . After checking them over with minumal work the seats will switch over to the pedestals that are now in the boat . For the price i think thease should be as comfortable for awhile .

Edited by Skipper " D "

So i go into Bass Pro the other day to price new captain seats for in the cabin of my boat ...... four hundred bucks each , my hands trembled and i just could'nt seem to pull out my wallet , i head back for home thinking all the way theres got to be cheaper way to put good seats in the boat . Then the other night i had an idea on how this might be done and i hit the kijiji web site where theres so much to look at . This morning an email came back with a yes ..... we still have them .... , off i went and returned with thease for fourty bucks each , hardly used . After checking them over with minumal work the seats with switch over to the pedestals that are now in the boat . For the price i think thease be comfortable .

Look nice!!,are they water resistant at all?.

Edited by davey buoy

My concern is will the mountings survive the bouncing applied in rough water?

As you can see here Woodsman , you could mount them to the metal frame thats there or right to the wood that the bottom of the seat is made of , i suspect since the boat is quit lager it will never go that fast to give you a rough ride , atleast thats what i am thinking

As you can see here Woodsman , you could mount them to the metal frame thats there or right to the wood that the bottom of the seat is made of , i suspect since the boat is quit lager it will never go that fast to give you a rough ride , atleast thats what i am thinking

I hope your right but I suspect neither the metal frame or wood thickness will be tough enough as that was never a design requirement.

Best Wishes: Rick

The framing and wood are not designed for the leaning or the pressure of the constant shifting of the weight of the person sitting in them. The fabric and the foam are designed for indoor use and will soon mold and tear. I would hold off on buying any more till these meet with your expectations. I run a 28ft cruiser and you will be surprised at the forces in play both running and when you are riding out the wake of other big boats. If the frames of the old seats are in good shape you can have them recovered and foamed for a reasonable price.

Art

Wheather i am doing some thing conventional or unconventional with fishing or boats , i know this is one of the right places to come to and share an idea and get ideas . There are many smart minds here that are always willing to look out for ones best intrest and that i like . I thank every one for their inputs as they always do help funny or not .... lol . Thanks every one .

Just ask Beans or HTHM what happens when you use those kind of seats in a boat. I wouldn't use them, they won't last long in a boat. Your better to find some used proper boat seats. If you going to do it, do it right the first time!!

S.

Becuase of those seats is why i think i can get away with some good quality ones of the same put in their place , every new boat seat i looked at was so expensive for what they are made of ..... plastic and aluminum appossed to the ones i bought made of steel and wood , we'll see how long they last in time .........

buy a chair??

build a chair!!! you already have a 500 hour project; what's another week or two for woodwork?

p.s. don't forget my offer to help out with the paint

I have'nt forgot about you and your generious offer , i just have'nt had the time to get the boat back in the shop and get back at the sanding , been to busy with work coming in . I like those chairs their awsome , you don't know how long i looked at bar stools like that ... every thing i saw you knew they would'nt stand up , they make 'em so cheap ,but i can see where some thing made like that would .

Edited by Skipper " D "

I have'nt forgot about you and your generious offer , i just have'nt had the time to get the boat back in the shop and get back at the sanding , been to busy with work coming in . I like those chairs their awsome , you don't know how long i looked at bar stools like that ... every thing i saw you knew they would'nt stand up , they make 'em so cheap ,but i can see where some thing made like that would .

Skipper, if you can find a pair of the old oak office chairs, maybe at the Restore in Barrie and give them a healthy dose of marine varnish, like Valspar. I had one in my old boat, comfy, durable and with the side arms you can snooze and not list overboard. No vinyl to get stuck to and no cheezy hinges to break.