Rainy Day Project

mercman

I have really experienced the need for a rear caasting deck in my boat when fishing with friends.The angler in the rear either stands in the bottom of the boat, or perches precariously on the side benches.

So today, i took some measurements, made a quick materials list and headed out find what i needed.It was meant to be.Got to the lumber store, and they had 1 piece of 3/4 inch plywood 48 x 24 inches left in stockclapping.gif Went to the marine store and they had 1 seat post socket, and just enough Princecraft carpet left to do the job. Talk about my lucky dayclapping.gif

Here is the result. It is solidly installed, but easily removed if i want to reconfigure the seating.

Took 3 hours from start to finish.

100_0087.jpg

100_0086.jpg

100_0085.jpg

Thanks for lookingbiggrin.gif

Buy a real boat Paul and they already have the deck build for you...:whistling:

Nice work, another family talent. Rememebr dad use to say you want something done right do it yourself, followed by a getter done!

:Gonefishing:

Not all of us want a 20 foot casting deck for a boat...Lol

But some days it would be nice...

Looks good, plan on doing the same sort of thing for my tinny (only mount the deck in the front) in the late fall when I take the ol girl out for the winter. I also plan to hinge it somehow for PFD storage etc. Always nice to see people with as crazy thoughts as myself :D

Looks good, plan on doing the same sort of thing for my tinny (only mount the deck in the front) in the late fall when I take the ol girl out for the winter. I also plan to hinge it somehow for PFD storage etc. Always nice to see people with as crazy thoughts as myself biggrin.gif

Its mounted for now, but i am already planning on hingeing mine too.w00t.gif Just waiting for that "EURIKA" moment, when i know exactly how i want to do it.clapping.gif