Tagging cars at Tiffin launch in Barrie

vince.bornais

Is it actually against the rules to park there if you haven't launched a boat, are there signs to say that ??

The reason I ask is I often use the free ramp at the causeway on Chemong Lake but the last couple years the parking lot is sometimes completely full of vehicles without trailers by very early in the morning. I've gone there a few times to launch my boat but there's no parking spots left and I have to go somewhere else to launch.

I've never seen signs indicating any rules for whose allowed to park in the lot and have wonder if it's actually just a public lot for anyone. I have a feeling the cars without trailers is a group of fellas using it for car pooling.

If you won't need a trailer to launch, then that means you don't a launch ramp in most cases. Just park where it's free, and throw your boat in anywhere along the shoreline.. No??

I definitally feel that the lot should be for vehicles with trailers only. But I feel for the guys who come with the two seater pick up trucks and lauch their big boats, but the rest of the family/friends come in a van, or car with no trailer. Now they have to park away from the launch, and walk there.

Edited by N.A.W

well yeah

that you can't miss all the signs they are everywhere

but again

unfair for some who uses the ramp to put a boat in but have no parking because they didn't have a trailer

To be honest, I don't see many cars hand bombing boats off their roofs (Actually I don't think I've ever seen one)

They can easily park in the lot just down the road and pull it across the grass and launch from the beach.

it's a nice ramp. i've only used it once late last fall so there was no issues with a crowd and i was able to use the CEO spot right on top of the ramp but i could see it being a zoo in the warm months.

Is it actually against the rules to park there if you haven't launched a boat, are there signs to say that ??

The reason I ask is I often use the free ramp at the causeway on Chemong Lake but the last couple years the parking lot is sometimes completely full of vehicles without trailers by very early in the morning. I've gone there a few times to launch my boat but there's no parking spots left and I have to go somewhere else to launch.

I've never seen signs indicating any rules for whose allowed to park in the lot and have wonder if it's actually just a public lot for anyone. I have a feeling the cars without trailers is a group of fellas using it for car pooling.

Hi Lew, I believe the parking at the causeway is for anybody, not specific to boat trailers. The only restriction is no overnight. There's lots of shore fisherman on the causeway every morning and they need to park as well.

And definitely car-pooling, I've done it myself... :devil:

If there's no parking in the lot, you can always park up Robinson Rd or Yankee Line on the wide shoulder, that's where the pros park for a tourney, sometimes as far up the road as the Foodland.

the last time I was there. there was one zodiac and one 12ft boat off the back of a pick up truck and I was asked where the parking was for them, had to tell them they were outta luck.

the ramp I use in keswick, I would say 1 in 5 boats would not have trailers

the last time I was there. there was one zodiac and one 12ft boat off the back of a pick up truck and I was asked where the parking was for them, had to tell them they were outta luck.

the ramp I use in keswick, I would say 1 in 5 boats would not have trailers

Terry,you travel from innisfil to launch your boat in keswick?. Tell me it isn't so. LOL. Not all the time I would think?. And why?.

Hi Lew, I believe the parking at the causeway is for anybody, not specific to boat trailers. The only restriction is no overnight. There's lots of shore fisherman on the causeway every morning and they need to park as well.

And definitely car-pooling, I've done it myself... :devil:

If there's no parking in the lot, you can always park up Robinson Rd or Yankee Line on the wide shoulder, that's where the pros park for a tourney, sometimes as far up the road as the Foodland.

Actually there are signs on all the parking spots at the causeway, that they are for vehicles with Trailers only. The spots (everywhere) are all vehicle/trailer size. Only reason I know is I could not find a spot last time I launched. And I was car pooling...except I am the one with the boat....hahahahahahaha. (Oh well...whatya gonna do).

No issue with people using the spots when the launch in not busy...I would too. But when it is a zoo...which is pretty much every Friday to Sunday..those spots have to remain for vehicles with trailers...otherwise an already huge line up on launching/loading gets worse as people have to run across the street.

NOTE: Also noticed they were ticketing vehicles with trailers, that were not parked in spots (i.e. on the grass, or crossways to those who are parked).

Actually there are signs on all the parking spots at the causeway, that they are for vehicles with Trailers only. The spots (everywhere) are all vehicle/trailer size. Only reason I know is I could not find a spot last time I launched. And I was car pooling...except I am the one with the boat....hahahahahahaha. (Oh well...whatya gonna do).

No issue with people using the spots when the launch in not busy...I would too. But when it is a zoo...which is pretty much every Friday to Sunday..those spots have to remain for vehicles with trailers...otherwise an already huge line up on launching/loading gets worse as people have to run across the street.

NOTE: Also noticed they were ticketing vehicles with trailers, that were not parked in spots (i.e. on the grass, or crossways to those who are parked).

That's low,I don't care who you are.

Terry,you travel from innisfil to launch your boat in keswick?. Tell me it isn't so. LOL. Not all the time I would think?. And why?.

NO

I don't live in Innisfil

my house is in Bradford and I lived in Keswick for about 25 years

if its well signed, then parking spots for trailers are for trailers regardless of how busy it is, or any other reason. it is, after all, parking for the boat launch.

i suppose one could say it is unfair to trailerless boaters, but there are usually spots for this as well. and it is, after all, parking for the boat launch. when a guy drops a 50 foot truck and trailer rig in a regular parking lot no one seems that happy about it, so why not the other way around?

at the public launches in hamilton there is parking for both, and its patrolled regularly to tag cars in the trailer zones.

if its well signed, then parking spots for trailers are for trailers regardless of how busy it is, or any other reason. it is, after all, parking for the boat launch.

i suppose one could say it is unfair to trailerless boaters, but there are usually spots for this as well. and it is, after all, parking for the boat launch. when a guy drops a 50 foot truck and trailer rig in a regular parking lot no one seems that happy about it, so why not the other way around?

at the public launches in hamilton there is parking for both, and its patrolled regularly to tag cars in the trailer zones.

yeah but as I said there isn't parking for trailerless boaters in the 2 parking lots at the ramp you have to drive to the next lot north and park there

the guy that had the boat off the back of his truck asked me if I would keep an eye on his boat...took him 10 minutes

not a big deal unless there are someone there looking for a free deal on fishing equipment

You can park a single car across the street.Short walk.

BTW ,I get great parking for my friends, that take me out.I don,t bother with that launch. :whistling::P

And how ornery are they here? When I kept my bayliner at the dock for an over night stay,the wife parked her car in one of those spots. Not a trailer was in the lot. Woke up to a ticket. I did,nt complain. Rules are rules.

Edited by Misfish

when we can get you to go fishing

Im open all weekend. Tried calling you today. :whistling:

nice avatar

And thanks.

I know where the smallies are hiding. Dont ask how,CUZ,i,ll have to throw ya over board .LOL

Edited by Misfish

You learn some thing new every day don't we , just like i did and i felt dam bad about when Back in June i think it was , i took Radar and Big Cliff out on Simcoe for a day of fishing , we got back at the end of the day and found tickets on both their vehicles , 30 bucks each for parking in the lot at the tiffin boat launch where they came to meet up with me that morning , up to that point i never knew they were handing out tickets to cars parking there with no trailers guess because i had always seen cars parking there , I offerd to pay the tickets for the boys but they would'nt hear of it , now the only thing i can hope for is i get a ticket for parking when i am at their place one day ......................

Edited by Skipper " D "