Tagging cars at Tiffin launch in Barrie

vince.bornais

You learn some thing new every day don't we , just like i did and i felt dam bad about when Back in June i think it was , i took Radar and Big Cliff out on Simcoe for a day of fishing , we got back at the end of the day and found tickets on both their vehicles , 30 bucks each for park in the lot at the tiffin boat launch where they came to meet up with me that morning , up to that point i never knew they were handing out tickets to cars parking there with no trailers guess because i had always seen cars parking there , I offerd to pay the tickets for the boys but they would'nt hear of it , now the only thing i can hope for is i get a ticket for parking when i am at their place one day ......................

Just have to open yer eyes.There,s lots of signage.

Actually there are signs on all the parking spots at the causeway, that they are for vehicles with Trailers only. The spots (everywhere) are all vehicle/trailer size. Only reason I know is I could not find a spot last time I launched. And I was car pooling...except I am the one with the boat....hahahahahahaha. (Oh well...whatya gonna do).

No issue with people using the spots when the launch in not busy...I would too. But when it is a zoo...which is pretty much every Friday to Sunday..those spots have to remain for vehicles with trailers...otherwise an already huge line up on launching/loading gets worse as people have to run across the street.

NOTE: Also noticed they were ticketing vehicles with trailers, that were not parked in spots (i.e. on the grass, or crossways to those who are parked).

Are we talking the same causeway, on Chemong Lake? I know the original thread was regarding the Tiffin launch in Barrie, but I was responding to Lew's comment about Chemong. There are no signs and the spots are definitely not "vehicle/trailer sized". Most boat trailers are backed up over the parking curb onto the grass so they can fit.