Great end to the weekend

fishnsled

It took a bit of planning, a lot of luck with the weather and the fishing but everything lined up perfectly.

My good friend Nik was back in town from Malaysia, taking a short break from sailing around the world. With all the family and friends him and his wife try to see while back in town it is tough to plan anything, let alone a few hours of fishing. A window opened up in the schedule and we took advantage of it and he brought his niece along, Hannah loves fishing with me. So with a couple of short stops we were on the water and fishing by 5pm.

It was only a matter of 15 minutes or so and the first fish was on. A nice rainbow of about 5 pounds that Hannah was fighting when it jumped about 20 feet behind the boat and got off. Oh well, it was still early in the evening. Lines are were all set up when we had another fish on and off pretty quick and then a small shaker to the boat. Then things went quite for a while.

Feeling OK with the time we had spent together with a bit of fish action, sharing some stories, getting caught up and having lots of laughs, when the suddenly the dispey goes screaming out. I grab the rod and pass it to Hannah who then is begging for help as this brute peels off more then 100ft of line. After some great rod handling and coaching the fish is in the net. A couple of shots and back she went. Pretty awesome salmon for her first one ever!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

P1000758.jpg

We trolled for another hour and lost one smaller fish while pulling lines at the end of the trip. An awesome evening with some awesome people.

Here's a couple more shots of the evening.

Nik at the helm. Figured if he can handle a 42ft sailboat from Vancouver to Malaysia without incident he can handle my 17fter.

P1000780.jpg

Some very happy fisher people.

P1000768.jpg

P1000766.jpg

GroupShot.jpg

Watching the sunset as the moon is rising over my shoulder.

P1000775.jpg

And a beautiful sunset it was. A perfect end to the weekend.

P1000773.jpg

Till the next time!! ;)

Edited by fishnsled

Very nice Will and a beauty fish too.

I take it you were running Dipseys (or something), I don't see any riggers?

No riggers, dipseys on the corners and leadcore out on the boards. I've been playing with the idea of getting a pair of riggers for years. For the number of times I go out, it's tough to justify the money. (I'd want electrics. ;)) One of these days I might just throw in the towel and get a pair.

Way to go will. Getting friends out fishing and catching is a bonus. That's something, having friends sailing around the world, very impressive. :good: I wish them a very safe journey.

It's pretty amazing the things they have seen. We get excited when a fish jumps when we are fishing, they've had whales breaching off the back of their boat, can only imagine that happening. I believe I posted this a while about but thought I'd share it again. A very small part of the journey they had.

I was sitting on my front porch last night thinking... man, perfect night to out on the big lake... then saw this... Awesome report bud! Seet fish and fantastic pics... nice job!

HH

It was the perfect evening on the lake Joe. I don't know how many times we said that. :) Weather was awesome, the lake was playing nice and the fish were biting.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Edited by fishnsled

Let's try this FishFarmer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OmmCNy6obN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6gpSvQGFmYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everyone is saying the same thing about the riggers Spiel. Might be time to B.reak O.ut A.nother T.housand. :)

Everyone is saying the same thing about the riggers Spiel. Might be time to B.reak O.ut A.nother T.housand. :)

You need a friend like have Will, a pair of Big Jon's Captain packs with swivel bases, mounting plates, stainless hardware and dual rod holders all in for $600.00.

Nice to have friends. ;)