Need a new prop

bucktail

After kissing the bottom in Geo bay last week I think its time for a new prop. Mine has been fixed 3 times but its getting pretty thin now.

I know Michigan propellers has good prices but is there an Ontario guy who has good prices out there?

Just a new aluminum prop for my 2004 90hp Yamaha

Any help would be appreciated.!

darren

Just search Google for Kawartha propeller repair shop. It's part of buckhorn marina. They do really sweet work. Not sure they sell new. They did my Tempest 23 could not tell,it had been tipped

there is a guy in the Kawarthas who is excellent.I will try to find his name.

After kissing the bottom in Geo bay last week I think its time for a new prop. Mine has been fixed 3 times but its getting pretty thin now.

I know Michigan propellers has good prices but is there an Ontario guy who has good prices out there?

Just a new aluminum prop for my 2004 90hp Yamaha

Any help would be appreciated.!

darren

http://www.unitedpropeller.ca/ in Orillia

never dealt with them directly, but I know a couple guys who have and loved them..

I know all the reasons for having Aluminum...I absolutely love my Michigan Wheel Products Appollo 19" SS on my 2005 Yamaha F90.

I see lots of SS props out there but in my mind can't justify the huge difference in cost and inability to repair them.

Is the performance that much better?

I see lots of SS props out there but in my mind can't justify the huge difference in cost and inability to repair them.

Is the performance that much better?

yes

and I have had SS props repaired

I am very hard on props, I have broken or bent aluminum props on wood and hard ground , it takes a rock to hurt my SS, so for me the cost balances out and I have better performance

never had the lower unit break because of the prop

but isn't that the reason for insurance

That all depends on how old your boat is.........I haven't had boat insurance on my vessel for over 15 years now......that insurance payment buys a lot of props and a lot of other fishing equipment....

yup right up to the point that it sinks

had a fiend say the same about house insurance

and man did he save hundreds and hundreds

I think he is living on the street now

Well that's pretty stupid.........houses appreciate over time....boats DEPRECIATES once you take possession of it......who insures a 20 year old or OLDER boat......I don't....mine now 27 years old....but my home owners will cover it up to a point......and that's FREE...my favorite four letter word... :)