Finally, definitive proof

big guy

I know that I saw one in the 70's while Grouse hunting. Not 50 feet away from me. It took off down the trail away from me and cleared a fallen tree across the trail with a 15 foot high leap like it was nothing. I'm positive that it was a Cougar. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

The problem with the lack of proof is simply that there has never been any physical proof. There's been plenty of sightings, videos, tracks, etc., but never any real physical proof. Just goes to show how elusive theses animals really are.

I think it's about the taste of blood and a easy target.By relocating it I'm sure it will search that taste again.IMO.

A taste of blood ???? what was the couger a vegan untill it bite into the dog .. Think you may be misstakeing cougers for vampires ????? I do not see the difference between any MEAT ,deer rabbit dog all the same to a couger , what it can catch it will eat .I dont think it will think AHHHH DOG I will only eat dog from now on , I will return to that place with dogs NO MORE DEER FOR THIS CAT ???????????? DUHHHHHH

Edited by capt bruce

Just home from the trailer for the weekend..Went to take the boat out lastnight around 6 pm..When right there on the lawn beside the boat launch was a cougar suntanning in a bikini! Shocking..

The person they refer to in the second article, Guha, is a 5 minute walk across the road from where this happened. He has a number of large cats, and one escaped in the last couple of years and was shot. From what I understand he has a fairly good reputation for caring for these cats, but, there's no way this isn't going to look like one of his got out. He says he would never declaw a cat....but could he have taken one in as a rescue/adoption?

Or maybe the cat was in the area simply because of the other ones he has on his property. Interesting story, and I'm curious to know what comes of it. My parents are 14kms away, by road, from where this happened. Many years ago their neighbours claimed to have witnessed a cougar drop out of a tree onto a pair of racoons on their porch.

Did you get her number I might be looking :whistling:

Just home from the trailer for the weekend..Went to take the boat out lastnight around 6 pm..When right there on the lawn beside the boat launch was a cougar suntanning in a bikini! Shocking..

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw the headline in the paper I was relieved that finally the government would have to acknowledge that the cougar exists. After reading the article with it's possibilities of being an escaped cat I was almost saddened. As I understand it the cougar is an extripated species in Ontario according to the species at risk guidelines.

I do not beleive that for a minute.

Ontario is HUGE, just travel across it a few times a you will know what I mean. That journey spans a direct line across a signifigantly favourable habitat for the only animal that most of us will never see.

That line has A LOT of bush above it that most of us will also never see.

I have never seen a cougar or anything I would ever say was possibly a real big cat.

That being said I have seen sign (tracks) of cats that I have had a hard time convincing myself was made by a Lynx.

Its unfortunate that this article states that the proof is in the pudding at the expense of a cat, wild or not.

As others have stated they have no doubt of what they have seen, I do not not question this. I have posted pics of critters on here that some have only tried to convince was something else. To each their own.

The day I see one I will let everyone know, I hope to hell I have camera!!!!

So....any pics???