New PB (Canadian) Largemouth for me!

Stoty

Really nice bass.

I'll tell ya a funny story. Paul's parents had a cottage near Minden. The lake was full of large mouth bass, and some biggies. One night, we went fishing when the full moon was out. It was a bit hard to see but Paul used a skitter pop and all of a sudden we hear this huge swirl and he had a big largie on. It was the biggest largie I had ever seen. We figured it might be a record. We knew the record for Ontario was 10.43 lbs, so we took it up to the cottage and only had a human scale, so Paul stood on the scale, weighed himself, then weighed himself with the fish. 11 lbs. Wow, we were thrilled. So we kept it alive in our cooler with lake water, took it to Paul's parent's house the next day and his father was out of town, but his mom and nephew were there. The nephew said he had a legal scale at work and would take it in to weigh it. I called the next day and his father was back home. I said, "did you see the fish Paul caught" and he said "Ya, it tasted like mud" :o:o

He thought we brought it to him to eat as we usually brought him fish after our fishing trips to eat :lol:

So could have been a record, we'll never know now!!!

This story is painful to hear... :(

It's still a baby compared to my overall PB of 9.6lbs, but don't think I'll be matching that up here anytime soon! Lol

Fish was (surprisingly) only 22" long but had quite the set of shoulders on it!

It's still a baby compared to my overall PB of 9.6lbs, but don't think I'll be matching that up here anytime soon! Lol

Fish was (surprisingly) only 22" long but had quite the set of shoulders on it!

Wow, 9.6lbs is insane for up here!

It's not so much the length that matters but the girth. :whistling:

Wow, 9.6lbs is insane for up here!

The 9.6 was from Florida... 6.4 is my biggest LM up here, and 6.2 is my biggest SM.

It's not so much the length that matters but the girth.

That's what she said! :w00t: