Found some strange (maybe rare) lures?

tb4me

A friend was cleanng out his shop and offered me these lures..I have never heard of them before..Thought I might as well post pics here to see if anyone knows what they are and what they may be worth..If anything at all..who knows? Have a gander and let me know if you have seen these before..

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Thanks folks!

A friend was cleanng out his shop and offered me these lures..I have never heard of them before..Thought I might as well post pics here to see if anyone knows what they are and what they may be worth..If anything at all..who knows? Have a gander and let me know if you have seen these before..

Thanks folks!

Think you can still buy these or an updated version today made by Panther Martin?

Caught a few largies on them

Edited by John

Cool looking old lure....from a quick google search it appears to be made by Bill Plummer Lures....post WWII...not necessarily a real rare lure. There is currently one on ebay....bidding start at $1...but the seller also has the name spelled wrong.

Nice little find....I like old lures....my problem is that I always look at them and say "yeah, I could catch a fish on that" and either lose it or wreck it...just not one for putting things on shelves to look at I guess :D

Thanks guys! I didnt think they were worth to much..If they were I was going to give some cash to my friend. Its funny I read the instructions that is in the box and its a top water bait that your supposed to use a piece of pork rind or frog chunk with..So back to using frogs as bait :whistling: lol..Seriously thou who would cut a chunk off of a frog...lol ill try to post a pic of the instructions..Its a good read..

Thanks guys! I didnt think they were worth to much..If they were I was going to give some cash to my friend. Its funny I read the instructions that is in the box and its a top water bait that your supposed to use a piece of pork rind or frog chunk with..So back to using frogs as bait :whistling: lol..Seriously thou who would cut a chunk off of a frog...lol ill try to post a pic of the instructions..Its a good read..

I say keep that one on the shelf, and buy a new one and use it...

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewpmweedwing.html

I say keep that one on the shelf, and buy a new one and use it...

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewpmweedwing.html

Ya im with you..Im not using them at all..I have 3 in a box and a 4th smaller chrome one..They have little propellers on the top that spins..Very neat stuff.. Besides I don't do all that much bass fishing..I like fish i can eat...Walleye crappie trout perch whitefish..Tried Bass once, didn't care all that much for them

Edited by tb4me

I think considering the age of the lure they mean an Uncle Josh pork frog, not a piece of a real frog.

I have one of those. My father gave it to me years ago. Don't have the box though, and never tried it with anything on it, only bare hook which resulted in nothing. Now that I have seen your post it has dawned on me that it is an antique! And I have more where that one came from too, including old reels and fishing poles.

I think considering the age of the lure they mean an Uncle Josh pork frog, not a piece of a real frog.

Yes, exactly. They work the same way as the Johnson Silver Minnow with the added attraction of a spinner, so it` kind of like a buzzbait too.