Free Agent Signings

DRIFTER_016

Also very suprised to see parise move. I would have dropped Kovy well before I got rid of parise.

Parise was a UFA, he had total freedom to go where he wanted. Highest bidder or team that had the best future (in his opinion) or he could go home.

Are you all getting the feeling nobody wants to come to Toronto?. I don't know if Burke is being cheap,or the year after year after year etc not doing anything productive.Not to mention the pressure with a losing team.Sorry guys,just on the outside looking in.

Edited by davey buoy

I think burke could have had a few free agents over the last few years, but burke hasn't wanted to pull the trigger... Richards is one I think he could have had if he had of put the term out there. I am hoping he can get a deal on luongo before the season starts as I doubt vancouver will want to have both goalies at camp. I am still holding out for nash as well.

I think burke could have had a few free agents over the last few years, but burke hasn't wanted to pull the trigger... Richards is one I think he could have had if he had of put the term out there. I am hoping he can get a deal on luongo before the season starts as I doubt vancouver will want to have both goalies at camp. I am still holding out for nash as well.

I'd like to see something as well but won't hold my breath. I hear there's a lot of talent in the farm team.:tease::wallbash:.That should help us in the future(5 years?).

Are you all getting the feeling nobody wants to come to Toronto?. I don't know if Burke is being cheap,or the year after year after year etc not doing anything productive.Not to mention the pressure with a losing team.Sorry guys,just on the outside looking in.

The cap changed a lot of things. Lots of teams can offer the same amount of money. The result is the player can play in a city that he can walk a block from the rink and be just another face in the crowd. The money spends the same but the anonymity is priceless.

Well never mind the usual frontrunners in the east for the top 8 playoff spots

you'll need to add TB lightning

They got better adding Salo---now Defenceman Carle---they already got firepower up front

Can't see Sens or Leafs havin an easy run to post season next year

Don't forget Stall and now Corvo gone to Hurricanes

Why would anyone want to come to Toronto to play hockey under a microscope? I've had that feeling for quite some time... the Leafs are an organization that is the laughing stock of the NHL... you only had to watch the Allstar Game a couple of years ago to see evidence of that (the treatment Kessel got during the captains picks)

Four newpapers, countless radio talk shows, multiple TV channels and each one has atleast one or two reporters who follow every move the team makes.

It takes a special kind of athlete to survive, much less thrive in this sort of environment... most just want to play and get paid.

HH

I'm hoping the habs will bounce back this year , they look good on paper to me , with the added gritty players like prust and armstrong. I wouldnt wanna play a fourth line of white moen and prust.. that new draft pick should help out there smaller fowards if he can crack the line up!

I'm hoping the habs will bounce back this year , they look good on paper to me , with the added gritty players like prust and armstrong. I wouldnt wanna play a fourth line of white moen and prust.. that new draft pick should help out there smaller fowards if he can crack the line up!

Gionta should be back

Gotta find a home for Gomez

They'll be tougher

Never should have traded their goal scorer last year to Calgary IMO

How high are the expectations now in Minny?

Well before the signing, cup odds were 200-1

And after, 20-1

What's that tell ya about the expectations?

And toronto won't get luongo, #1, price is stupid high to get him.

#2, he doesn't wanna play in toronto and has reportedly taken them off his list of teams to accept a trade too.

Problem solved, go with the 2 young, good, capable goalies u have, keept ur draft picks and prospects, build on ur defense, try to replace luke schenn on the back end, hope JVR can play 82 games and contribute something and work on getting a scoring center for the top 6, and see what the kids can do