Quality Spinnerbaits

CT isn't always the best for selection (aside from Lindsay location) but I always check the fishing aisle for clearance stickers, seems to be inconsistent store to store and sometimes get some great deals...got some rapala DT for 5 bucks and max raps for 9.99 (usually 16-20 bucks)

IMO fishing spinnerbaits is like fishing plastics and getting tails bitten off...you're going to lose skirts and blades sometimes, just how it is, good thing is swivels, split rings, blades and skirts are cheap to replace,,,20 bucks will give you the basics to replace things for the season

Another thing that bothers me as why most manufactures choose not to twist the eye of the spinner bait. This would defineatly help with snap swivel sliding out every once and a while and having to reset it in the groove.

Edited by davey buoy

Another thing that bothers me as why most manufactures choose not to twist the eye of the spinner bait. This would defineatly help with snap swivel sliding out every once and a while and having to reset it in the groove.

Use the rubber tubing you do for your floats.. Works great at keeping the snap where it's supposed to.

I always tie direct. The time it takes if far less than correcting fouled lures, no doubt about it. Even if it has a loop instead of an bend, using a snap swivel lessens the action and control of the lure. Also, a snap will pick up debris. If you fish an r bend on a snap, even a slight wind or current will foul you almost every cast

Edited by manitoubass2

I always tie direct. The time it takes if far less than correcting fouled lures, no doubt about it. Even if it has a loop instead of an bend, using a snap swivel lessens the action and control of the lure. Also, a snap will pick up debris. If you fish an r bend on a snap, even a slight wind or current will foul you almost every cast

I hate knots...i put a tiny o-ring available at most hardware stores, over the R bend.It keeps the snap from fouling during a cast.

Hi guys. Was fishing on the weekend and realized my spinnerbait selection is in sad shape. Tied on a Boyou bait and lost a nice fish because my spinnerbait broke in half. First time that has ever happened, the wire broke on the business end. Also the skirts on a few brand new out of the package Strike King spinnerbaits came off on the first fish. I guess the small elastic bands broke. What is with this at 7 bucks a piece and they fall apart after one fish. Were talking smallies here and not pike. So I was wondering if anyone on here makes quality spinnerbaits and would like to sell some. If anyone is interested let me know and maybe we can do some business. Im tired of buying junk and figure I will try the custom bait route and see how that goes.Thanks

Have you tried making them? I was into making spinners when i first started visiting OFC a few years back. I used heavier gauge wire, actually i used the leaders used for marlin or sail fish. The wire was awesome stainless and coated so it wasn't snapping that's for sure Blades you can go with different kinds and you can add beads as well and hooks you can get really good ones, basically you can get good components that won't be breaking on you.The beauty about it is you just need a pair long nose pliers and your ready to get crakin some wicked spinners. I have not made any for a long while but here are some from the past...these are the only pics i can dig up

195.jpg

194.jpg

167.jpg

142.jpg

Not to hijack this thread but BillM, Frank can make you whatever spinnerbait you want. I love his spinnerbaits. Northam spinnerbaits. I believe they are now called big hit lures.

http://www.northamfishing.com/

I have several 3/4 oz and 1 oz spinnerbaits from him. He lives in Barrie and I go to his place once in a while. If you want we can go and talk to him.

CL Fishin Premium spinnerbaits!!!!! there is nothing else for me. have been fishing them exclusively for the last few years (was fishing some of the first prototypes a few years ago) they have out lasted everything else i have fished, they run better than anything else i have fished, and have caught me more fish than anything else i have fished.

Chris, sounds like a plan man... How'd you make out lastnight?

3 for 5 but I lost a monster. It was pulling drag and I have my drag locked down. I set the hook really well too. It was a tank. Would have loved to have seen it but no go. The fish weren't at my spot so I had to move. I did not go out in boat but simply fished off docks. Went out for less than 2 hours. Mosquitoes were stupid but I dressed for the occasion. I can bring by a few samples of those spinnerbaits if you want. Let me know.