Toronto Sportsmen's show is moving again

kickingfrog

July's OOD magazine mentions that the Sportsmen's show is going back to Exhibition Place. The blurb also says the dates will be February 7-13, but makes no mention of the fact that that is a significant change in date which leads me to believe that a typo was made. :dunno:

btw that Ben Beattie guy has a couple of articles in the mag as well. :Gonefishing:

Edit to add correction.

August's OOD corrected the dates to February 7-10.

Edited by kickingfrog

that's cool, I like the Ex location better than where it was this year, one of the most memorable things I recall about the show, is walking outside at the Ex alot of years, and the suns out, it feels like spring and summer's around the corner

Yah I read that the other day as well, I am happy to see it go back...anyone remember the old cat walks aroung the ceilings.. and scavenging around for the deal on plastic grubs where you could buy them by the handful? With online shopping, and big stores like lebaron's, sail and bps the sportsman show has lost some of its appeal.

It is also changing dates to be ahead of the Spring fishing and Boat Show. This is a clever move, as many people will only go to one and many of those will go to the first one. If they have already gone to the first show they will not be that bothered if they miss the second.

Those damned flower show people with all of their political clout in this country. Something has to be done! Enough is enough!!

It's time we put the petal to the metal! :lol:

Interesting move, putting the show up to February....I haven't gone in a few years now...don't really miss it. We'll still have ice in Feb....so unless I'm stuck at home, I'll happily take fishing over shopping.

I guess they won't be concerned with the March Break crowd. Having the show downtown was good for us coming into Toronto, the bus dropped us off on University Ave, about three blocks from Front St.

Guess we'll have to take a streetcar from Union Station to the Exhibition stop.

February is interesting - that will cut into our winter trolling patterns, however, it leaves an opening for more brown trout fishing in March.

David aka Superdad

The Sportsman Show died 25 years ago, since they priced everyone out of business even the spectators. I'll spend my $70.00 that will only get you in the door at the show at my local tackle shop.

Going to the show used to be great back then.

Ya, your right Dave. The show, does not bring the kid out of ya any more. Thats what I want from these shows. Want to feel like a kid again. Sad to say,it probly wont happen. I had more fun at the tackle swap, when we were in Hamilton. :clapping:

The Sportsman Show died 25 years ago, since they priced everyone out of business even the spectators. I'll spend my $70.00 that will only get you in the door at the show at my local tackle shop.

Going to the show used to be great back then.

You got it right Dave. When I was young it was something my friends and I looked forward to. A break after a long winter and a tiny opportunity to dream of the season ahead. Plus the fact my birthday was at the same time as well as March break.

The last few times we went it was just not right, too much money and parking too costly. And I believe some of the flavour of the old building it used to be held in held part of the charm.

Spend your money locally instead.

Ya, your right Dave. The show, does not bring the kid out of ya any more. Thats what I want from these shows. Want to feel like a kid again. Sad to say,it probly wont happen. I had more fun at the tackle swap, when we were in Hamilton. :clapping:

Yes your right Pro, that Swap was great, met lots of people their, stayed all day to shot the crap. Some good deals, I went out with a bunch of stuff 40 LB Minkota $45.00 worked great up on Big Gull lake a few weeks ago :good: I'll be their next year. I think they mite need a bigger place next year. Be nice to have a OFC both :D I may never get home :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...