New fishing buddy

So a fellow OFCer's dog had some puppies and I popped in for a unrelated visit and the little buggers were so cute and kept tuggin at the old heart strings so I talked the boss into it and picked up our new puppy Rebel (named after my Lund Rebel XL) yesterday he is the calmest puppy I have ever had and can't wait to get him out on the boat . Thanks Ryan for the new addition to our family

Rebel.jpg

BTW he still has some more pups ready to go this weekend

My old friend Shadow (black lab) was my first dog and definitely man's best friend. He is missed, but Sir Charles Darwin aka Charlie (my chocolate lab) has been an excellent companion. Labs have amazing personalities and are perfect for exploring the outdoors.

Welcome to the forum Rebel!

Beautiful pup. I hope you have some water nearby for swimming.

We have a 2 year-old. Even though her mother was a golden, she looks more lab than anything else. I have to say she has been one of the most well-behaved dog I've ever known.

Nice lookin dog for sure.

Do you hunt?

No I don't hunt but I do have a 3.5 Year old that talks about hunting all the time (his Papa hunts) so I may end up hunting soon enough LOL

I have a life preserver with the handle on the back already that will fit him in no time and I am going to get him one of these when he is full grown so he doesnt scratch up the boat he's named after

http://www.sears.com/paws-aboard-gc1300-camo-life-vest-small/p-SPM1622142401P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1#cpc_availability

Edited by SRT8

Quite amazing how fast they grow. I had a difficult time saying no when I was down there the weekend they were born. Even more adorable now and would never be able to walk away from them. They better be gone to great homes before the Fish-A-Thon. LOL! Congrats on the new fishing partner.

Beautiful pup. I hope you have some water nearby for swimming.

We have a 2 year-old. Even though her mother was a golden, she looks more lab than anything else. I have to say she has been one of the most well-behaved dog I've ever known.

This lake is about a 10 min walk from my place

lisgar.png

and it is being cleaned up they just added 3 airetors and we are cleaning out the mouth of the feeder creek to make a Turtle island for the turtles to lay eggs on and they wont get eatin by coons Rebel will love jumping off the new docks they will be building

Congrats!!!. Lab pups rock! They are very smart animals. We have 2

If you ever want to see just how smart these animals and are near a CKC Field Trial or HRC (Hunting Retriever Club) Hunt Test make a point of watching a few series.

Truely amazing to watch these dogs do thier work.

Enjoy the puppy breath..man you made me want another LOL!