My Son Caught OFC's Biggest For 2012

bushart

Well Maybe---and I can't show you cause the rules

While out fishin willys on the wkd---he nailed a dinosaur

Would'nt have mentioned cause the rules cept it's size

40 minute fight----65 inch Sturgeon---on a jig with 20 lb braid (6lb dia)

Did a rough girth at approx 40 inches---all the websites put it around 130 lbs

My buddy who'se fished em all his life says 60 inches is 100lbs on average

Got a pic of it beside the boat----never seen anything like it---happily swam away after being unhooked

Did a back flip like Free Willy

And at 40 minutes---that was all he could do to get it near the boat---did'nt see it for 15 min.

Anyway we all get untargeted out of seasoners----but not like this too often---that's why I brought it up---was'nt gonna for a while.

Sounds amazing....certainly a day you won't forget. I know *I* wouldn't complain if I were to feast my eyes upon this beast. OR.....just come up with a few paintings for us....no rule against that! laugh.gif

Edited by johnnyb

Mercky---he did 8 laps around the boat (not all at once)

Circled like a shark----also pulled the boat backwards----(Smokercraft pro Tiller)

:rofl2: :rofl2:

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK IN THE WATER:w00t:

That sounds like a heck of an experience. I echo the sentiment that posting a pic would not be a great idea, and am happy to hear that it was a water release. Maybe someday there will at least be a catch and release open season for these mammoths.

Got a pic of it beside the boat

I doubt even a CO would give you a problem with taking a picture of a fish in the water while your removing the hooks, or even a pic of you measuring the girth while reviving that brute.

Let's have a boo at the beast :thumbsup_anim:

I doubt even a CO would give you a problem with taking a picture of a fish in the water while your removing the hooks, or even a pic of you measuring the girth while reviving that brute.

Let's have a boo at the beast thumbsup_anim.gif

x2 - what are you going to do? I think it's been acknowledged that you weren't specifically looking for one (your gear proves it), and you took care to release it as respectfully as possible, by leaving it in the water and not hauling it out for some chest-puffing trophy pics. An experience like the one you had is an extremely rare occurence, so I certainly wouldn't scold you for posting a pic...

Bushart, the way it works is this. As the rules state, we 'prefer' that people not post pics of out of season, angled fish. There's nothing stopping you from posting it but if the thread loses civility we will have to lock or delete it. Also, as most have already stated, it depends on the circumstances. Yours, to me, sound very legitimate. It's your call.

OK Boys---I'll be lookin for yur support when I get turfed :whistling:

Now it is coincidence this fish is on it's side---it did a couple rolls near the surface

I was kinda excited and on a bright day have a little difficulty seeing thru my viewfinder on my digital camera

This fish was lots lively on release

I can't believe you would be dragged across the coals when you caught a fish out of season,removing hook,in the water,can't show a picture. With the gear for a lot smaller fish.What has happened that we can't show a picture under these circumstances.I would love to see a picture of this beautiful beast!!.jmo.:thumbsup_anim:

OK Boys---I'll be lookin for yur support when I get turfed :whistling:

Now it is coincidence this fish is on it's side---it did a couple rolls near the surface

I was kinda excited and on a bright day have a little difficulty seeing thru my viewfinder on my digital camera

This fish was lots lively on release

Thanks for the picture,I'm sure he was fine.:clapping: