Can't open my PM's

Not sure what happened and why...but every time (today)I try to click on my own user name at the upper right corner of the screen to bring up the sub menu and select my PM's from there, it keeps kicking me onto my own profile page. Can't get over it...tried logging on and off many times...same problem persist?!?

Any ideas?

Is it my/my computer of the board is buggy today?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Not sure what happened and why...but every time (today)I try to click on my own user name at the upper right corner of the screen to bring up the sub menu and select my PM's from there, it keeps kicking me onto my own profile page. Can't get over it...tried logging on and off many times...same problem persist?!?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

If you can send one,send it to one of the mods,they'll straighten it out for you if it's there problem.Good luck.

Emill,

Which Internet browser are you running? Try to empty your temporary Internet files, cookies, etc... and restart your browser.

If that doesn't work, download Google Chrome, install it and you should be golden :) No problems so far what so ever :D

Tjunkie

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Don't click on your user name, click on the small down arrow beside it, it will open up the section for your messages, etc.

Using IE9...it has always worked fine before....until today...I do try to click on the arrow...but as soon as I do that...for split second the drop menu shows up and then it closes itself automatically and I et redirected to "my profile" page...just cleaned up the temporary Internet files, cookies, etc... and restarted the browser - same problem ...

Cheers,

Emil

Edited by icefisherman

Using IE9...it has always worked fine before....until today...I do try to click on the arrow...but as soon as I do that...for split second the drop menu shows up and then it closes itself automatically and I et redirected to "my profile" page...just cleaned up the temporary Internet files, cookies, etc... and restarted the browser - same problem ...

Cheers,

Emil

Well then, now that you mention it, i changed my computers at work yesterday, and i was having the same trouble. Thought it was an IE9 problem, as thats what came with the new windows 7. I installed firefox and the probelm went away.

Coincidencedunno.gif

Cheers,

Emil

Same thing happens to me on my home pc. No problems at the work pc though.. It's still a royal pain!!

Edited by Highdrifter

Same thing happens to me. I click the little down arrow, and it stays up for about 5 seconds, the vanishes. Even if you can click the PM icon before the menu disapears, it only takes you to the profile page.

IE9.

Real pain in the :asshat:

If someone sends me a PM, I read it, and reply.

Chrome is all I use at home, and have never had an issue.

It seems that it's an IE9 issue. For those of you still experiencing problems, do a Ctrl-F5 hard refresh and see if that helps. Jason at Invision Power Services may have solved our problem. He also says that IE9 was released after our board software.

Hope this helps.

It seems that it's an IE9 issue. For those of you still experiencing problems, do a Ctrl-F5 hard refresh and see if that helps. Jason at Invision Power Services may have solved our problem. He also says that IE9 was released after our board software.

Hope this helps.

Hard Refresh... Of course!! :wallbash:

Thanks pal! :worthy:

Hope this helps.

Thanks Roy. Did just that...and it worked.

I do have Firefox on my other PC but need to keep IE9 on this one, so your solution was welcome. Considering lots of people are using IE9 it's good there is a solution.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Thanks Roy, I've been having the problem for a while and now it works, as easy as that. Is this a permanent fix or will I have to "hard refresh" :blush: every once and awhile?

Thanks Roy, I've been having the problem for a while and now it works, as easy as that. Is this a permanent fix or will I have to "hard refresh" :blush: every once and awhile?

It's a permanent fix Jer. And, while I'd be happy to deserve credit for this fix, I've got to say that it's the fine folks at Invision Power Boards who jumped in to fix it. They've really got a solid group of problem solvers there.

Glad everything is back to normal.