bass opener camping

Jer

I've been informed I have to vacate my house on the bass opener weekend (June 23) due to a "girl's weekend".

My buddy and I would like to camp somewhere for the weekend preferrably on a smaller lake somewhere in North Kawartha or Haliburton to keep it a reasonable drive from home (Bridgenorth area). We will be tenting it but would also need dockage and a launch for my 16' boat. Hydro & water on-site would be nice but not necessary. We camped once at Limerick Lake Lodge and they had a decent set-up but they have nothing available that weekend.

Most parks, it seems, are really geared to the seasonal trailer camper and not so much for the "transient" weekend camper anymore.

Anybody have any suggestions? PM is fine if you have a "secret gem" not to be advertised world-wide. :blink:

Maybe I posted in haste. Booked a spot, looking forward to fishing a different lake on opener for a change, though I have fished the lake once before in late summer.

I hope you had the good sense to negotiate something extra out of this. If not I think you should be turning in your man card :P

More chance of losing my man card if I stick around for the weekend...

I've been informed I have to vacate my house on the bass opener weekend (June 23) due to a "girl's weekend".

Typical fisherman, a shameless liar. Listen buddy, women like that are impossible to find. Believe me, many of us have tried. ;)

Typical fisherman, a shameless liar. Listen buddy, women like that are impossible to find. Believe me, many of us have tried. ;)

Wouldn't this be a better avatar for you Dave.......

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Bailey's+Irish+Cream&hl=en&prmd=imvnse&resnum=3&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=653&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5977120709079430382&sa=X&ei=P_LNT5SrLPG36QGWobWPDA&ved=0CGYQ8wIwAA

Edited by Billy Bob

Every March my wife and all her girlfriends get together at one of the homes for a "wild & whacko" weekend....my words, not hers.

The last 2 years it's been held here so both times I packed my suitcase and spent the weekend in the local hotel & restaurants.

Expensive, but well worth every penny just for my own sanity :lol:

We camped once at Limerick Lake Lodge and they had a decent set-up but they have nothing available that weekend.

There goes my suggestion all blown to rats&*%...Sorry Jer