Oldest Son Graduates from Residency in the Air Force

Billy Bob

This past Thursday my bride and I made the 400 mile trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Beavercreek, Ohio (near Dayton, Ohio) to celebrate his residency graduation as a doctor with the U.S.A. Air Force.

Capt Tim graduated with Honors and was awarded the Military Excellence Award in his class of 50 residences and another 45 interns graduating.

We had the pleasure to see and meet the Air Force Surgeon General Three Star Lt. General (Dr) Charles B. Green who was at the ceremony to pass on the certificates.......see here if your interested.... http://www.that other site.mil/information/bios/bio.asp?bioid=5613

So it was a Proud Moment for the wife and I as we got to see our son take another great step forward to what he has worked so hard for...

Tim was accepted to do a Fellowship in Washington, DC where he will practicing and learning his speciality at Walter Reed Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland to become the next "House" to run a critical care unit for his country.

During Lt Gen Green's Speech we learned that if you arrive at a Air Force Hospital with a pulse you have a 98% chance of survival.....it only takes the Air Force between 20 - 30 minutes to completely set up a hospital anywhere in the world......and the Air Force moved 90,000 patience and have only lost 4 soldiers....not perfect but pretty close to it....

But anyway's here some photo's for those who might be interested in viewing....

TimResidencyGraduation5-24-12031.jpg

TimResidencyGraduation5-24-12035.jpg

TimResidencyGraduation5-24-12044.jpg

TimResidencyGraduation5-24-12046.jpg

THANK YOU both.......those are VERY KIND words.... :)

You may notice he's a bit young.....when he graduated from Medical School in Syracuse he was at the time the youngest doctor in country....but he's still getting a receding hair line....LOL

You and your wife have every right to be proud of your son's tremendous accomplishment and his posting at probably the best known military hospital in your nation.

The New Walter Reed Hospital is really the Bethesda Naval Hospital....I just learned this past weekend that when they closed the old Walter Reed Hospital they renamed the Bethesda Naval Hospital "Walter Reed"....if you remember....the old Walter Reed was basically condemned.

There’s nothing in the world that makes you feel as good as watching your kids succeed.

I’m right there with you Bob; we’re off to Ottawa this weekend for my daughter’s law school graduation ceremony.

Hey would your son be interested in a blind date with a 26 year old lawyer; just saying. :whistling:

Dan.

THANK YOU both.......those are VERY KIND words.... smile.gif

You may notice he's a bit young.....when he graduated from Medical School in Syracuse he was at the time the youngest doctor in country....

Must take after the brains in the wifes side of the familly........whistling.gif

Just Kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats clapping.gif

Congratulations Bob! I had a friend in the US Navy do the same thing. He was in the ROTC, they put him through college and then into the Navy as a weapons officer in the back of an F-14. After his first tour was over, he applied to medical school through the Navy and was accepted. After serving for many years he opened an orthopedic practice in Chicago post military. Your military really takes care of those who serve with these fantastic opportunities.

Obviously a fine byproduct of an excellent upgringing thumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

Congrats to all of you Bob.

Simon

p.s. I have two graduates as well this year. It is beyond 'rewarding'. Not to mention mucho more mula.

I think he just got LUCKY.....LOL

Congratulations Bob! I had a friend in the US Navy do the same thing. He was in the ROTC, they put him through college and then into the Navy as a weapons officer in the back of an F-14. After his first tour was over, he applied to medical school through the Navy and was accepted. After serving for many years he opened an orthopedic practice in Chicago post military. Your military really takes care of those who serve with these fantastic opportunities.

WOW.........he did it the HARD WAY.........GOOD FOR HIM......

Congratulations to your son. My fiance is a physician as well so I have some sense of how hard it is to become one. That's a tremendous accomplishment. Well done!

Millhouse

DON'T let that one get away....make sure you LAND HER.... :)

Awsome ....Awsome ....Awsome there BB gun , looks like he wont be cutting just bait anymore , Congrats to your hole family .

Because of his commitment to the Air Force it's been 3 years since we could fish or hunt together......his brother and I miss him on those annual fishing/hunting trips....but there is a chance now that he's going to settle in for the next 3 years in DC he may be able to come home this deer season....but it's too early right now to know for sure.