A 50 for me.........

Lungelarry

I was looking at your gar picture last night. It's a great photo, the head on that monster almost looks mechanical/man-made. The thread has been up 37 hours or so and you have 800 views so I'm not the only one enjoying it. There's no middle ground with you, Larry. Whichever species you target, whether it be crappie, muskie, pike, gar whatever, you go for the brass ring.

Thanks a bunch for posting. Now all I gotta say is "Hats off to Larry" :D

We had some good chances at a couple of really big girls, but only got one to stay pinned.My 50 for the year,hope to get the 55 I saw today........

Ah Larry .... you fooled me. I was expecting to open up this thread and see a picture of you tipping back une Labatt's Cinquante.

stubby_beer_bottle_labatt_099.jpg

If you want to get into some REAL gar, give me a holler down on Champlain .... :whistling:

Larry i located a bunch of these critters last night in the dark....i have never caught a Gar before ...so i need an explanation as to what a "rope lure" is and how to use it....i want to give it another go tonight.... HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!

A rope lure is a section of nylon rope that is tied to a hook shank with no actual hook, the fish bite is thinking it's a fish and because of their toothy mouths the teeth get caught up in the rope. However if you read my last post on here you can see why don't use it, husky jerks and suspending minnows also work for gar.

Edited by Richmond Hill fisher

A rope lure is a section of nylon rope that is tied to a hook shank with no actual hook, the fish bite is thinking it's a fish and because of their toothy mouths the teeth get caught up in the rope. However if you read my last post on here you can see why don't use it, husky jerks and suspending minnows also work for gar.

HJ and suspended minnows it is ....im on a mission to catch one tonight ....Thanks

Sorry for the side track Larry...back to your regular scheduled programming.. :D