May "24" weekend walleye

fishnsled

Just thought I'd put up a quick report of the weekend.

It started about a month ago when a co-worker asked if I would mind taking his brother and a buddy out fishing. They wanted to go to Quinte and catch a bunch of walleye. I suggested lakers or whitefish on Simcoe (having seen Brian's report it would have been nice) but they had their mind made up on eyes. It was also a great decision.

We were at it bright and early and the first area wasn't producing. Thought I'd check in and see how Lloyd's motley crew was doing, and after our conversation I decided to hit a spot I hadn't fished in 10 years. Took a bit of time to find it but once we were on it, the action was fast and furious. At one point I was 5 fish for 6 casts. In total - about 20-25 walleye, 6 pike, couple dozen panfish, a catfish, and yes – a couple of goats in a couple of hours. Here are a few shots from the day.

Markandacouple.jpg

P1000508.jpg

Brad thought it would be cool to have a pic holding up my fish, apparently I thought otherwise. LOL

Thatsmyfishfix.jpg

Our catch of the day.

Greatday.jpg

And the reward.

P1000512.jpg

Sunday was to be a trip to Simcoe for whities and lakers (again it would have been a great idea – thanks again for the report and videos Tree Brudders!) but opted for Quinte again. Today's crew was my buddy Ken and his wife's cousin who was over from England. Ran back to the spot and found out the fish had moved off. Managed a couple eyes but nothing even close to the action we had the day before. After a few hours of exploring we found them again and the action was great again. Another 20-25 walleye boated along with some pike, panfish and a couple OOS buckets. Another great day and I was very happy to have been able to put George on his fish Canadian fish. A couple pics from the day.

George and one of his fish.

P1000513.jpg

Livewell doing very well.

P1000516.jpg

Ken and George with the catch of the day.

P1000520.jpg

One of the best May "24" weekends I've had for a longtime!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Nice couple of days. :thumbsup_anim:

I got my hitch hiking thumb out. :whistling::lol:

We've got to share a boat one of these days Brian!

Great weekend by any measure. And no simcoe gnats to worry about!

Did not miss the gnats but had lots of no-see-ums though.

Nicely done Will! I sure hope that your boat hasn't seen it's quota of Pickereyes for the spring already!!!

One more sleep bud!!!!

Great report!

HH

I hope so too! My jigging arm is nicely warmed up though. :)

Nice eyes Will, towing back to back to BOQ is rough on the car. Uphill both ways. X2

Yep, uphill both ways, nearly 900km's and close to $300 in gas. Expensive weekend but well worth the cost. B)

Edited by fishnsled