Lower potomac fishing report

Daplumma

Art and I went down to the boat to repair the exhaust line on the port motor.The repair went well and was done in time to take a run out to the river for a little catfishing.The lower Potomac is famed for its huge cats.Art had his buddy at the seafood market save all of the shad guts and heads for bait and I brought a few tubs of chicken liver.Got this little blue cat on some chicken liver,never caught a blue cat on the upper Potomac where we usually fish.

gallery_7_64_159754.jpg

We set up off of this point in a creek bed for cats or Stripers with shad cut bait and a line out with a liver.

gallery_7_64_139578.jpg

No stripers,they seem to have vacated the Potomac and are well on their way to the Bay by now but the season just opened this weekend.This Channell cat did co-operate and got us a few catfish inches..Go team 6!

gallery_7_64_12924.jpg

Lots of little cats around 16 to 20 inches but no real monsters.Tons of floating wood and trees in the water from high tides and rain last week.There will be many more inches of cats as soon as we learn the ways of the lower Potomac but it wasn't all bad 75+ degrees and I got a sunburn!!All fish were returned,I cant quite bring myself to eat catfish from water that has flowed past the city!

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

Wow, great weather and great company. And Fish to boot. Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Nice cats :thumbsup_anim:

Although I must say I'm a little disappointed in the pictures. I was expecting some nekked pics since the weather has been so warm, and all I get are a couple of arm shots - what a tease :P:D

Joey

Good stuff guys, you'll have plenty more goes for those big cats I'm sure, and in even warmer weather I bet :). Glad the repairs went quick enough to get out for a good test run ;)

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Well Team 8 I would post my picture of the Cats I caught but ahhhh welllll yea the camera was broken!!!! yea that it.... it was broken by a really big cat that ummmmm jumped in the boat and then it ummm punched me in the stomach and then left.

All in all a great day in the boat and a few places checked out and 1000's more to go to on the river. Sorry Joey I'll try to get more than an arm in the picture after we get rid of the winter whiteness ...a Cajun without a tan just ain't right.

Art