Lakair 2012

SlowPoke

It's all about timing...! :)

There's good timing and bad timing... like fishing... sometimes the fish bite, sometimes they don't... :(

So, Leslie and I will really miss not seeing many of you this year...

But maybe a few of the old OFNers will drop by, out the the blue, just to surprise Richard and Patsy....? :)

Perhaps a few board members will show up who have not been here before?.. now that we have some extra space to accommodate everyone..

Actually we have lots of space available it seems.... Ha! :whistling:

For those of you who never made it up before this will be something like the 10th year? (help me out here

Roy?, TJ?..) where a few OFNers have gather togetter to practice the fine art of telling fish stories about fish-tailing and to meet other OFC board members.

Usually it is someone on the board who organizes the whole thing and Leslie and I just run around making sure everyone is doing O.K. and fitting water leaks and counting worms.

Anyway I do not like to self promote on this site.. so do your research... :)

All this babbling is to say thanks to all for all the past times that various folk have made it up there for the annual G2G. We have always enjoyed the company of the OFNers. Many fond memories.

Here's wishing all the OFC board members a great summer of fishing.

:Gonefishing:

the cap't. :)

Well, we've had a change in plans and my wife and I have decided to go up for a week in June and will be there June 16-23 and we'll be in cabin W-1 right by the boat ramp.

It just wouldn't seem like June if I didn't spend time at Lakair :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like we've had a change of plans aswell Lew. Paul, Ralphie and I will be joining you, Diane, Rich and Patsy, arriving the 16th and staying til Tues or Wednesday :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

See you up there :clapping:

Great news Joey, be good to see you guys again as always.

And Marvin says he's lookin forward to meeting Ralphie :thumbsup_anim:

Yep, Ralphie loves dogs and will take to Marvin as soon as he sees him :thumbsup_anim:

Lookin' forward to another great time. Just one more week to wait. Boat's ready

Can't wait myself, looking forward to seeing all of you. We'll be in cabin 10, so we'll have the firepit to sit around at night if ya'll want :clapping:

Said it last year and never made it but I will try to make the drive for a visit, maybe camp out for the night.

Randy, Rod Caster, are either of you guys interested in going for one night? I have a tent and all necessary gear.

I was hoping to make an appearance this year but looks like I'm going to be working striaght through the next month or so.

I would have liked to meet some of the lakair gang.. Maybe next year.

Thanks for the tent offer blair... Youve always been a great host/facilitator!

Fishing is good so far this year.

Good numbers of walleye, pike and the lots of incidental catches of bass and musky already.

Water levels are high.

Shadflies just began to hatch last couple of days.

Not many mosquitoes yet.

Lots of firewood...!

:Gonefishing:

You guy's are killin' me. First one we will miss in 8 years! Dang weddings they should be banned!

We've got an extra room if you & Barb can make it up for a couple days thru the week John.

We've got an extra room if you & Barb can make it up for a couple days thru the week John.

Thanks for the kind offer Lew. Will check my work schedule that week...

You guy's are killin' me. First one we will miss in 8 years! Dang weddings they should be banned!

Yup, Patsy and I will miss you guys and the morning "Breakfast at the Lodge". We'll have some bacon and eggs for ya. Hopefully things will work out next year. Hope you're both doing well.

First one I'll miss in 13 years (I think?).

I'm not happy about it, but there's not much I can do about it short of winning the lottery.

I will definitely miss the pleasure of being in the company of all you fine folks. :(

First one I'll miss in 13 years (I think?).

Too bad your not gonna be there Chris, infact it's a shame what's happening with our G2G this year.

Gonna be strange with only a few of us up there this year when we've had so many others in years past.

Oh well, all the more muskies for me :thumbsup_anim: