Highway 400 reopened

kickingfrog

Just what no one wants on a Friday on the first long weekend of the fishing season.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3566044

Highway 400 closed in both directions

Dump truck goes through guardrail near Highway 89

Updated 1:45

Traffic on Highway 400 is moving slow after a dump truck went through a centre guardrail just south of Highway 89 shortly before 1 p.m., Friday.

According to Ontario Provincial Police, officers have opened two northbound lanes while traffic in southbound lanes remain at a standstill.

The truck has been removed from the southbound lanes, but officers are still on scene attempting to clean up a minor diesel spill and make repairs to the the guardrail.

Reports indicate the truck was heading north when it went through the guardrail and into southbound lanes before stopping sideways.

Police continue to investigate the collision.

The Highway 400 southbound ramp at Highway 89 has been closed and officers are on scene.

No injuries have been reported at this time.

Edited by kickingfrog

Not really related.

But I usually see about 1/2 dozen boats being trailored up North on the 400 every morning on my comute.

This morning, I counted over 50.

Anyone else getting excited for a long weekend of fishing and drinking cold beer!? :canadian::clapping:

Edited by N.A.W

Not really related.

But I usually see about 1/2 dozen boats being trailored up North on the 400 every morning on my comute.

Anyone else getting excited for a long weekend of fishing and drinking cold beer!? :canadian::clapping:

Yes,me!!!:thumbsup_anim:

Right now there is only one spot of open water to launch the boat and it will be packed all weekend because of this!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The good news is there are a couple of small lakes ready to sink including one that produces fish like this one from last spring. :good: :good:

BigYKPike.jpg

Not really related.

Rye and ginger for me. Just signed the papers for a brand new highlander. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Then the boat shopping really begins. :thumbsup_anim: