Basspro

misfish

And, he never ever looked at the kid in seafood again. So throw your morals and laws all you want. But it worked. I know how to take care of myself against an old man in a fight way better than an 18 yr old kid.

It worked in this instance but it could have gone wrong in so many ways you don't want to think about it. Why even try to provoke someone ? What if he really flew off the handle and you ended up on the wrong side of a beat down ?

As well as the 'grin and bear it' there's also the 'count to ten and take same number of deep breaths' that I do my best to follow when confronted with idiots.

and remember, only the legal system can determine right or wrong.

Some customers are jerks. That's tolerable. Some are pushy jerks, also tolerable. Also what I am paid and trained to deal with.

Some customers are bullies. I'm not paid to deal with them, but if nobody else will, I WILL deal with them.

Done rant.

thats what managers are there for, they removed the problem from the store, if it persists, then the police are called in.

the guy could have easily had a knife or gun with him. if its one thing i've learned, never under estimate anyone

It's a long , long story, subtracting from a simple point. Just treat customer service reps with a little respect, just a LITTLE. Paid or not, we're all people. Nobody deserves that level of disrespect. I'm not chasing people home with a bat cuz they didn't say thank you, no worries. The management thing well, long story. It could have went a million ways. But it was , what it was.

They are not ALL stupid. They don't all hate you. They aren't all lazy. A lot of us are glad to help.

Just a little respect, thats all. Lol Sorry everyone took my sentence out of context, albeit misleadingly printed in retrospect.

Many of my friends in retail agree.. some people come in to these places just to feel like they are royalty for a few hours. That's fine. Just don't disrespect the butler.

BP credited me my gas and 407 cost on a new trolling motor because I was quoted on something which was not correct on the phone. There was no fuss the sales person realized their mistake and called the manager who offered me the discount. They did this all on their own. I didn't even ask.

I bought an 8 inch lazer ice auger from BPS in the fall of 2010. I have a 5 inch lazer than I LOVE and have had zero issues with...anyway I literally cut 3 holes with it in Feb 2011 and found it to be just plain more work then I wanted to do. I drove from Oshawa to BPS in the spring of 2011 and tried to get a refund on this auger which I admit I had lost the receipt for...but I had the box with the BPS address on IT that the auger came in!!! Anyway long story short. I will never EVER spent another dime in that store again.

Glad you had a good experience Brian....but they will never get another cent of my hard earned money.

I bought an 8 inch lazer ice auger from BPS in the fall of 2010. I have a 5 inch lazer than I LOVE and have had zero issues with...anyway I literally cut 3 holes with it in Feb 2011 and found it to be just plain more work then I wanted to do. I drove from Oshawa to BPS in the spring of 2011 and tried to get a refund on this auger which I admit I had lost the receipt for...but I had the box with the BPS address on IT that the auger came in!!! Anyway long story short. I will never EVER spent another dime in that store again.

Glad you had a good experience Brian....but they will never get another cent of my hard earned money.

You wanted a refund on an item with no receipt and just the box 6 months after you purchased it?

LOL, these are the kind of stories the sales people talk about at the end of the day.

Edited by BillM

I understand all that Bill. I actually found the receipt later. It had fallen behind my dresser. The auger was mint...I had only cut 3 holes with it and I had the box it came in with BPS Vaughn's address on it. I understand they where under no obligation to help me out. I also understand that I treated the salesman with respect and he would NOT do ANYTHING to help me out. There was lots of opportunity for them to be helpful and retain/obtain a customer and they did NOT. There loss not mine.

If you can't deal with rude customers, you shouldn't be in retail.

That's your opinion. Some of us have jobs that are about 10% customer service and 90% actual work, I'm a butcher , not your butler. I have the right to not look at a soul who walks by, asks questions, rings bells. So if I am nice enough to leave my block to help you out, be nice, or I'll turn around and start cutting again.

The things the dumbass consumers don't think about.

That's your opinion. Some of us have jobs that are about 10% customer service and 90% actual work, I'm a butcher , not your butler. I have the right to not look at a soul who walks by, asks questions, rings bells. So if I am nice enough to leave my block to help you out, be nice, or I'll turn around and start cutting again.

You seem angry, perhaps you need to seek some professional help.

Im a butcher as well, you obviously work in a chain store, since thats the kind of attitude i would expect from one. If I ever came into your work and thats the attitude you gave, I would put in a complaint to the store manager daily. You are lucky I don't know where you work, otherwise I'd be sending him to this forum, you are the type of person I would never want working for me. and you wonder why companies want to look at your facebook page before deciding if they're even going to give you an interview.....this guy is why.

without customers, you have no job, YOU should be kissing THEIR feet

Edited by FloatnFly

As for BPS, I've only been there 6 or 8 times and not at all for a couple years now, but I've always had good experiences and never had a problem with any of the staff. I normally know what I'm looking for and don't really need anyones help, but it's always been good.

Best department at BPS Vaughan are the fly guys. The other fishing departments are hit and miss, some do try though, others, not so much. I am glad we have lots of shopping options in southern Ont. for fishing gear.

Edited by woodenboater