How was your opener?

misfish

Mine was slow and cold. Streams were gin clear and low.

I did how ever manage a wee fella on a white spinner and during my walks,picked a pouch full of fiddles. They were on my shopping list. :thumbsup_anim:

010-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

So,how did you all do?

i didnt even bother taking gear down to the river....there is probably 100 guys and it doesnt look like much fun....i cant beleive the fish some people are keeping....i suppose they have to justify the cost of fuel up here..

I,ll be out again in the AM small stream fishing.

Anyone want to hook up,pm me.

One thing I found crazy,there was no pressure any where. Hell even when I drove past Bear,two trucks.All my stops no one. Maybe the 12am shift, caught everything.LOL

Mine was filled with a few dozen of these guys...

DSCF1039.jpg

All fish were taken on either bead head nymphs under an indicator, plus a few on dries once things heated up and a good hatch got going. Could not even get one to think about hitting a spinner or even a chunk of worm. Good thing they're way more fun on the fly :thumbsup_anim:

Mine was filled with a few dozen of these guys...

DSCF1039.jpg

All fish were taken on either bead head nymphs under an indicator, plus a few on dries once things heated up and a good hatch got going. Could not even get one to think about hitting a spinner or even a chunk of worm. Good thing they're way more fun on the fly :thumbsup_anim:

I got my first 1 just like that one today. Never fished them before either... :wallbash:

6 bow's on roe and the 1 BT on roe too. no pic's but my kids had a blast so they are my backup to any 1 thinking no pic's = no fish. feel free to call them... :mellow:

Are those wild or stocked trout ..... :dunno:

All wild fish, which means you almost always have to bushwhack your way through some nasty stuff to find them. Keeps the people away... :)

Had a nice little morning again, hooking about a dozen specks. Nothing over 10-11 inches but super fun on a 5 wt!

DSCF1044.jpg

Even caught a couple Atlantic smolts...these fish were caught above a very well-established beaver dam that has been there for years and likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I doubt very much they were stocked where I was fishing too. :dunno:

DSCF1043.jpg

Honestly, best opener I have ever had numbers wise. SHOCKING to me but a lot of fun, I expected it to be slow but tradition is tradition so I had to go with the normal opener crew.

I went 28/31 on steelhead and between the 3 of us fishing together we landed over 85 steelhead with 2 bonus 20"+ resident Browns in the mix. The day included 20+ double headers and 5 triples. It was truly unreal.

I got out again yesterday morning for a few hours with my brother and we landed another 16 fish and it seemed much more like a typical opener day.

I hope everyone was safe and had a great time!

I only fished a few hrs sunday morning had fun landing some small trout on the fly rod. Where I was the water was low and gin clear so tempting so larger resident browns didn't go well, didn't see too many people and not a steelhead around. My guess is this particular creek the steelhead were back in the lake or close to it. I fished well well upstream. I would imagine if any steel were left they would be in whatever deep hole they could find as there was not much water. Would have been shooting fish in a barrel.

Headed to lake erie for perch since I hate fishing in a crowd.... Ended up fishing with a crowd of boats anyways with fish being pulled in all over...took home 35 nice fish with 3 over a pound....