The Horror!!!

jedimaster

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you pulling for?

• Senioritas
    • Sedin Sisters
    • Neither

Really.....who cares!

BITEME......I tend to agree....find hockey a bit boring and I don't really watch it unless the Sabres make the playoffs....and what sport takes 2 months to play through the playoffs.... :rolleyes:

BRING on MLB and the NFL....... :clapping:

BITEME......I tend to agree....find hockey a bit boring and I don't really watch it unless the Sabres make the playoffs....and what sport takes 2 months to play through the playoffs.... :rolleyes:

BRING on MLB and the NFL....... :clapping:

you find hockey boring yet watch the MLB????? Jesus... I'd rather watch curling

I'd rather watch curling

Id rather watch grass grow or wood naturally warp and then after that ....head down to the department store and try on gloves to complete the excitement for the day :sleeping_02:

GO FLAMES GO!!!!! give me a reason to feel good about getting the new Jersey

Edited by Twocoda

Hi hear you on that one!!

He who doesn't understand baseball doesn't like the game....it's actually a VERY finesse game that is played with chess like moves when the game is on the line in the 8th and 9th innings.....it also takes the most skill out of all the games to play it.....that is why baseball players tend to play so long in their careers.......GO RED SOX ..... :thumbsup_anim:

I love baseball, and I agree that there's a ton of skill and strategy involved, but I think the reason for the long careers is the low level of physical interaction with opposing players.

Not saying baseball isn't physically demanding, but it's nothing compared to the wear & tear of playing in the NHL or NFL.

No it's really the skill level that's hard to replace.....take Derek Jeter for example.....been around forever, probably too long for the money he makes but that's another story....up until a year ago he was irreplaceable for the Yankees....

Don't forget these guys play 162 games not including spring training and playoffs if their team makes it...in the NFL they only play 16 games and very few teams make the playoffs....once a week compared to baseball players playing 6 days a week.....sometimes 4 days straight....and of course the older a guy gets the more he's hurt and the longer he takes to recover....

Hockey is not a BAD sport......I just don't like the way it's played in the NHL....the stupid little fights are real boring and just slow down the game......bring back the red line and do away with the blue lines...just a start...

it also takes the most skill out of all the games to play it.....that is why baseball players tend to play so long in their careers.......GO RED SOX ..... :thumbsup_anim:

aside from pitching and the odd catch, how does it involve any skill? they run in straight lines!!!

Watch some of the dekes in hockey or even soccer, some of the acrobatic catches or jukes in NFL or even some of the dribbling or dunks in NBA and you'll see talent.

MLB players have the most out of shape athletes in any major sport.... except for the ones on steroids!

:rofl2:

image_of_fat_baseball_players-60163.jpg

aside from pitching and the odd catch, how does it involve any skill? they run in straight lines!!!

Watch some of the dekes in hockey or even soccer, some of the acrobatic catches or jukes in NFL or even some of the dribbling or dunks in NBA and you'll see talent.

MLB players have the most out of shape athletes in any major sport.... except for the ones on steroids!

:rofl2:

image_of_fat_baseball_players-60163.jpg

LOL......you have some good points there but not very valid.....BTW great picture of CC Sabathia....he's the most feared left handed pitcher in the league right now.....

If you don't think it takes any skill then you should have no problem hitting a 101mph fastball or maybe the next pitch will be a slider or a hanging curve ball.....and if you could do all of that you would be making at least SEVERAL Million dollars per year....you might even be able to quit your day job....LOL

that is why baseball players tend to play so long in their careers.......GO RED SOX ..... :thumbsup_anim:

Oh no thats not why... Its steroids we all know that. That and the fact that baseball players outside of the pitcher and catcher sit and scratch there arse for 2 hours. Its a pretty low impact game. notice I said game and not sport. Baseball is perhaps the most boring game in the world to watch. If I need a good sleep I'll toss on a baseball game and sleep soundly for 6 hours.

Curling, Golf, Womens beack volley ball.... I would watch any of these over baseball...Heck I may even watch the hotgod eating championships as long as its not being held inside of a baseball park.

Curling, Golf, Womens beack volley ball.... I would watch any of these over baseball...Heck I may even watch the hotgod eating championships as long as its not being held inside of a baseball park.

I agree 100%. I have a hard time watching the 9th inning of a playoff game. Hey pitchers, throw the ball already!!!

2 months of playoffs is what makes the stanley cup the hardest trophy to win in sports.

i used to watch most sports growing up,loved baseball but then i actually went to two games....ZzZzzZzzZZzzzZ

what a snooze fest! havent watched a game since.

although i later found out watching an episode of the simpsons,my problem was i watched it sober.

baseball is fun to play boring to watch.