Fire Ron Wilson??

grimsbylander

Up Front---I'm not dumpin on em

The Leafs are a marketing machine---always that glimmer of hope given with endless possibilities

Unfortunately reality has not lived up with those glimmers

Like TSN putting the Leafs in the Rick Nash mix--etc-----But it is getting so militant with the fan base---bleed blue or die

It's getting like Monty Python-----Oh yeah---just a flesh wound

Maybe they should be more critical of their team as opposed to continous support mode--which in fairness is historically based as for a long time Canada had only 2 out of 6 teams to chose from

Like The Cats and Argos

So it was tradition----So Leaf Fans you may wish to ask yourself and the team----how long do you want to keep the status quo---can't blame Ferguson anymore and getting harder to take solice in a couple fruitless defeats of an Ottawa Team getting to be many years ago.

PS---I even picked a pro line last nite with the Leafs to beat Chicago

soooo?

Edited by bushart

Up Front---I'm not dumpin on em

The Leafs are a marketing machine---always that glimmer of hope given with endless possibilities

Unfortunately reality has not lived up with those glimmers

Like TSN putting the Leafs in the Rick Nash mix--etc-----But it is getting so militant with the fan base---bleed blue or die

It's getting like Monty Python-----Oh yeah---just a flesh wound

Maybe they should be more critical of their team as opposed to continous support mode--which in fairness is historically based as for a long time Canada had only 2 out of 6 teams to chose from

Like The Cats and Argos

So it was tradition----So Leaf Fans you may wish to ask yourself and the team----how long do you want to keep the status quo---can't blame Ferguson anymore and getting harder to take solice in a couple fruitless defeats of an Ottawa Team getting to be many years ago.

PS---I even picked a pro line last nite with the Leafs to beat Chicago

soooo?

Are you saying the Leafs were not in the mix for Nash?

The Leafs and the Raptors are marketing marvels. These teams draw in big dollars, (don't know the comparison to same market size teams in the States) and as far as a business is concerned are successes. These companies aren't in this to win a Stanley Cup, they aren't in it to win games or make it to the playoffs. They're in it to show return to the shareholders and that's the problem. I'll probably be called an idiot but I look at some of the football teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers who are owned by the same family for a significant period of time, they seem to still have a passion for winning versus corporate owned teams. If the fans started staying away and let it be known we expect a return for the money we spend, maybe the Leafs and Raptors would make the next step to be more successful. As long as the corporation is making money with the status quo, that's where it'll stay.

Bill

Edited by fishingBill

The Leafs and the Raptors are marketing marvels. These teams draw in big dollars, (don't know the comparison to same market size teams in the States) and as far as a business is concerned are successes. These companies aren't in this to win a Stanley Cup, they aren't in it to win games or make it to the playoffs. They're in it to show return to the shareholders and that's the problem. I'll probably be called an idiot but I look at some of the football teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers who are owned by the same family for a significant period of time, they seem to still have a passion for winning versus corporate owned teams. If the fans started staying away and let it be known we expect a return for the money we spend, maybe the Leafs and Raptors would make the next step to be more successful. As long as the corporation is making money with the status quo, that's where it'll stay.

Bill

Further to your point 2012 average ticket prices from ESPN:

Rk Team Average Ticket 1 Toronto Maple Leafs $123.77 2 Winnipeg Jets 98.27 3 Montreal Canadiens 88.67 4 Edmonton Oilers 70.13 5 Vancouver Canucks 68.38 6 Calgary Flames 68.18 7 Philadelphia Flyers 66.89 8 New York Rangers 66.20 9 Pittsburgh Penguins 63.06 10 Minnesota Wild 62.63 11 Washington Capitals 62.42 12 Boston Bruins 58.94 - NHL Average 57.10 13 Chicago Blackhawks 55.72 14 Florida Panthers 55.67 15 Ottawa Senators 55.51 16 Detroit Red Wings 53.28 17 Los Angeles Kings 51.92 18 Nashville Predators 51.04 19 San Jose Sharks 49.73 20 New York Islanders 49.06 21 Columbus Blue Jackets 47.95 22 New Jersey Devils 45.86 23 Carolina Hurricanes 41.58 24 St. Louis Blues 41.57 25 Colorado Avalanche 40.62 26 Buffalo Sabres 38.25 27 Tampa Bay Lightning 37.73 28 Anaheim Ducks 36.94 29 Phoenix Coyotes 36.15 30 Dallas Stars 29.95

Are you saying the Leafs were not in the mix for Nash?

Well look for yourself---Nash has been carrying Columbus with a few add ons for how long??

The Leafs goaltending is sketchy----their defence is non existent----why would Nash want to move to Columbus North-----So he could log more TV air time??

Pretty sure he's been there, done that on a re-building team

These companies aren't in this to win a Stanley Cup, they aren't in it to win games or make it to the playoffs.

They're in it to show return to the shareholders and that's the problem.

As long as the corporation is making money with the status quo

Do you have any idea how much $$$$ is generated because of the playoffs???

If making $$$$ is ALL the team wants, than it is CERTAINLY in their best interest to make the playoffs. Your whole way of thinking is not correct, sorry.

Nash does want to play for the leafs.Dont get me wrong they need far more than Nash but as far as him wanting to come here it is a certainty.

You sure? Why would any franchise player? Why come here get your game picked apart and get blamed when the media has nothing else to do with a crappy playing franchise. There is no one to blame but the coaching and brass when they suck at gelling the talent. I don't think a shortage of talent is a problem to atleast make the playoffs.

Highest grossing team in the league with the largest fan base. There is no excuse not to make the playoffs atleast. Fill the team with GTA players and coaches/brass. That would flip things around IMO.

Edited by Harrison

You might not wish to take a census of Local Metro players in the league right now---it would be depressing

Good point, I really meant Canadian. I don't think there is a player that wouldn't like to play at home.

Edited by Harrison

You sure? Why would any franchise player? Why come here get your game picked apart and get blamed when the media has nothing else to do with a crappy playing franchise. There is no one to blame but the coaching and brass when they suck at gelling the talent. I don't think a shortage of talent is a problem to atleast make the playoffs.

Highest grossing team in the league with the largest fan base. There is no excuse not to make the playoffs atleast. Fill the team with GTA players and coaches/brass. That would flip things around IMO.

Positive beyond a shadow of a doubt.I am not saying the Leafs are his only team or even his first team of choice but he does want to play in Toronto that I do know.

Highest grossing team has nothing to do with making the playoffs.With the cap in place all teams operate under the same restraints.With that said many teams are operating under those conditions andf thriving,Toronto is not.

Maybe it's my typing---Harrison got it

I'm saying there's more than a few good players hailing from the metro area

Spezza---Tavares---Stamkos

Ahhh I do see your point.Ontario in general has always been the meca for hockey talent.The GTHL produces some great players and will for years to come.Unfortunately only a very small number make the big league.

Further to your point 2012 average ticket prices from ESPN:

27 Tampa Bay Lightning 37.73

So that's why my 7th row tickets on the blue line for the Jets/Lightning game on March 30th were ony $100 each including taxes and ticketmaster fees while the same ticket in TO would be $225. :w00t:

GO JETS!!!!!! :lol:

So that's why my 7th row tickets on the blue line for the Jets/Lightning game on March 30th were ony $100 each including taxes and ticketmaster fees while the same ticket in TO would be $225. w00t.gif

GO JETS!!!!!! laugh.gif

Usually cheaper to fly to Florida,get a hotel room and watch a Leafs Panthers game than it is to see them in Toronto.

Positive beyond a shadow of a doubt.I am not saying the Leafs are his only team or even his first team of choice but he does want to play in Toronto that I do know.

Highest grossing team has nothing to do with making the playoffs.With the cap in place all teams operate under the same restraints.With that said many teams are operating under those conditions andf thriving,Toronto is not.

Never believe the media, agents or even players during contract talks or trade deadlines. lol

It's called bargining in the media. Sure a player will say he'd love to play at home, it's a bargining chip.

There is a cap sure, but not on everything.

Edited by Harrison

Never believe the media, agents or even players during contract talks or trade deadlines. lol

It's called bargining in the media. Sure a star player will say he'd love to play at home, it's a bargining chip.

I agree but my certainty has nothing to do with the media.

I do have to admit they played better last night and if Chicago would have forfeited the game after the first period they" might" have had a chance. NOT!!!!! Three unanswered goals? I'm guessing Chicago is gearing up for the playoffs and just wanted to practice coming from behind? It's possible isn't it? Is anyone having as much fun as I am??? Next in line is the Habs who have basically given up the ghost this year and are just plain awful but given the Century old Rivalry these two team share doesn't mean it will be easy by any stretch. Stay Tuned!!!

They played a bit better last night, especially given they were on a back to back and on the road even though its just a short puddle jump of a flight. However now is not the time for baby steps. They need wins, and they need them now.

I just checked his stats and this bum has 0 goals and 0 assists!!! fire the bum!!!

The way the Leafs defence has been turning the puck over it is easy to see why they are losing...can`t wait to give`em another spank on Saturday!!! :tease:

Really? Just be thankful the bluejackets are still in the league and start cherping next season.

Edited by kickingfrog