unreliable source

bramptonjerry

Wonder how many are holding their gift cards to use on that event! That'll drive the poor guy over the edge for sure. Personally I think they're here for the long haul - too much corporate backing to pack it in yet.

Michael

thats me. i have 3 and im waiting for the spring sale.that place is not allowed to leave.i can think of one or 2 local places that can tho

BPS is a checkout girl when it comes to just about anything.....

Here in Buffalo they promised to build a store on the waterfront for NINE YEARS....the city knocked down the old Aud to make room for them......and all the city got in return was more and more and more promises and design photos of what it was going to look like when finished from BPS....BPS kept trying to milk MORE and MORE public tax dollars from the state, county and City of Buffalo....over 127 MILLION dollars was promised to BPS but they never did sign on the dotted line....to me that's a lot of public dollars to build a bait shop...

BPS is known to do this all around the country with different states and cities.......it could be possible that they are working the Providence of Ontario for tax shelters or even free tax money to stay open....it would not surprise me.

Now for those who wish they had a Gander Mountain....better known as Expensive Mountain around here.....watch what you wish for.....they are the WORST I have ever seen.....the store is quite big but nowhere as big as a BPS or Cabela's.....but they don't have any employees working there to speak of......they don't even keep 1 cash register open now....if you want to cash out you have to go to the customer service desk where the 2 out of maybe 4 employees are in the whole store....it's a real joke in there....drug stores have more people working in them then our Gander Mountain Store.

Cabela's would be a great assets but I hope they NEVER come to NYS....then I would have to pay sales tax on everything I purchase from them and that's at 8.75% right now....they always have free shipping or some other kind of deal so I don't pay for shipping and their BARGAIN CAVE is to die for.... :clapping:....and Cabela's customer service is second to none.

Bob

....they always have free shipping or some other kind of deal so I don't pay for shipping and their BARGAIN CAVE is to die for.... :clapping:....and Cabela's customer service is second to none.

Bob

Even the Canadian Bargain Cave is a real gem! Unfortunately they have fewer items in the Canadian Cabelas Online. For example, I can't get Saskatchewan boots inserts here grrr.

Between cabelas.ca and wholesale sports, which is the BEST online store, I wouldn't be sad to see BPS go "poof", although it seems unlikely.

I've only been to the cabelas in edmonton....nothing but a massive disappointment...everything from clothing, fishing, lure selection, guns and customer service was horrible....the PRICES were insane....the st. croix premier ice rods are usualy 20-25 bucks, 36.99 for a 24' ML

lebaron should expand with bigger stores and better customer service...

LOL - never said we did :)

I think though, if the people of Buffalo are that upset about the way things played out, they should look at those who acted without contract, not those who didn't act without contract.

I believe the people in the Buffalo area are upset of losing 9 years while negotiating with BPS and even now another year has passed and nothing is being done there or anywhere else on the waterfront because BPS held thing up. Had BPS not signed a "letter of intent" to build there, there might well be something there now as a great opportunity was lost during some of the BEST economy times during all these negotiations with BPS.

It would be like me saying I going to buy your house and I keep putting it off until the real estate market crashes and then say GOODBYE to you.

In downtown Buffalo? Have you been there recently? It's hardly a place any business is going to set up shop, unless you're selling crack.

Ill be down there tonite for the Boston/Buffalo game.....I dont expect to see anything being sold on the streets other than hockey tickets :thumbsup_anim:

BPS is a checkout girl when it comes to just about anything.....

Here in Buffalo they promised to build a store on the waterfront for NINE YEARS....the city knocked down the old Aud to make room for them......and all the city got in return was more and more and more promises and design photos of what it was going to look like when finished from BPS....BPS kept trying to milk MORE and MORE public tax dollars from the state, county and City of Buffalo....over 127 MILLION dollars was promised to BPS but they never did sign on the dotted line....to me that's a lot of public dollars to build a bait shop...

BPS is known to do this all around the country with different states and cities.......it could be possible that they are working the Providence of Ontario for tax shelters or even free tax money to stay open....it would not surprise me.

Now for those who wish they had a Gander Mountain....better known as Expensive Mountain around here.....watch what you wish for.....they are the WORST I have ever seen.....the store is quite big but nowhere as big as a BPS or Cabela's.....but they don't have any employees working there to speak of......they don't even keep 1 cash register open now....if you want to cash out you have to go to the customer service desk where the 2 out of maybe 4 employees are in the whole store....it's a real joke in there....drug stores have more people working in them then our Gander Mountain Store.

Cabela's would be a great assets but I hope they NEVER come to NYS....then I would have to pay sales tax on everything I purchase from them and that's at 8.75% right now....they always have free shipping or some other kind of deal so I don't pay for shipping and their BARGAIN CAVE is to die for.... :clapping:....and Cabela's customer service is second to none.

Bob

Our Provincial Government is broke!