Well here she is!

nautifish

Good afternoon OFNERS.......

Well i just had to share the news as i have been so excited these last 48 hrs......As some of you know i am an animal freak......I just absolutley love them all to death if i lived on a thousand acre farm i would have everything from emus to chickens horses cowns pigs u name it.....lol......But alas i do not......lol

So anyway i used to have two german shepards sadley i lost my male shepard 15 months ago now . He would have been 16 yrs old this coming november.

Pincess is still with us she is my female shepard and she will be hitting 15 yrs of age this yr so she is really getting up they're now......Anyway when i lost major it hit us all very hard including princess....She had had a companion all her life then suddenly major was gone......It has taken her quite some time to get back to her normal self, I would not say she is the same dog she was when major is alive but i think she has come to terms with it if u know what i mean...Yeah i know some of you are probably thinking is this grl crazy its just a dog.....lol...But not to me......Anyway i said i would get another dog when princess was more herself and i felt she was ready to have another buddy around........So finally today i brought this young lady home....

baby1.jpg

baby.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby3.jpg

She is absolutley adorable and allready have just fallen in love with this little grl. I have never had small dogs before allways loved the shepards but for some reason i just took a shine to these minature schnauzers when BBR brought his sisters into my work one day last summer......It was from that moment i decided one day i would bring one home and today was the day.....

So they're you go......I just had to share.........Also if any of you feel like maybe adding some suggested names that would be great we are still trying to think of a name for her......

Thanx so much

Nauti. ;)

Edited by nautifish

Royette? Roygelina?

Royette sounds like some kind of toilet tissue. :P ....lol...& roylina well i cannot say what i think that sounds like in here.... ;) ...lol

But thankyou so much for the names puckhead.......lol ;):D

Lets see my female beagle was named George, My brothers wife's dogs were named Butch and Spike both females. My brothers female dog is Called Dude Roy works for me.....Congradulations on the new pup she looks like she will give you a handfull.

Art

Nice Pooch, Tracy

Cliff, this is your inaugural trip to Lakair is it?

lol @ roy..........YA KNOW ROY!

YA DO KINDA HAVE A CANNY RESEMBLANCE to my new PUP i have brought home ya know......It must be all that grey or is it salt & pepper hair...... :D:D;)

Nice Pooch, Tracy

Cliff, this is your inaugural trip to Lakair is it?

Roy..glad you responded...ummm...errrrr....I was going to let you know that ummm...someone is going around using my...ummm....logon!! Yeah, that's it...I think I was ummm hacked. I'm at work right now and wouldn't dream of posting on business hours.... :whistling:

Edited by ccmtcanada

Thanx so much roger.......Could you do me a favour and send me the link we discussed at BPS? Would be very much appreciated and thanx so much again. ;)

Took this picture a little earlier i bathed her and sheldon decided to take her down stairs for nap with him...I dragged his ass up and out the house at 6.00am this morning so now he is tired......lol...KIDS!!!

IMG_3245.jpg

This one i just took......

IMG_3254.jpg

ADORABLE!!!! :D

Same here, i always liked German Shepherds, was never crazy about the smaller ones. So I have Max, But now we also have a small dog, a maltese/shtzu named Mishu. She is so affectionate. She's a daddy's little girl now. It's awesome how Max and Mishu get along, they're always watching out for each other.

Enjoy your new pup, it's good to see her get a great home.

Edited by Deano

Congrats Nautifish, what a sweet dog.

I had a mini Schnauzer many years ago. great companion helped me through some rough health issues

thanks for sharing.

Schnauwzy...kinda between snazzy and wowzy...

Oh well...I tried...

If it wasn't for the high cost of vet bills we would have another dog and so would many senior citizens trying to live on a pension...

Don't think Ki and Rocky (our cats) would agree though...

Here is my vote....

Ophelia

Ophelia (character)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ophelia is a character in the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. She is a young noblewoman of Denmark, Polonius' daughter, Laertes' sister, and Hamlet's sweetheart.

In Ophelia's first speaking appearance in the play,[1] her father, Polonius, lectures her against Hamlet, and forbids her to have any further communication with him. Polonius pays little attention to what Ophelia tries to say. It's clear that Ophelia is dominated and controlled by her father. In her next appearance,[2] Ophelia tells Polonius that Hamlet rushed into her room and only stared at her, without speaking to her. Based on what Ophelia tells him, about Hamlet acting in such a "mad" way, Polonius concludes that he was wrong to forbid Ophelia to see Hamlet, and that Hamlet's lovesickness for Ophelia must be the cause of Hamlet's madness. Polonius immediately decides to go to King Claudius (Hamlet's uncle) about it. Polonius now thinks that if he can bring Hamlet and Ophelia together, it will cure Hamlet. Polonius persuades Claudius to get involved,[3] by showing him love letters from Hamlet to Ophelia, and talking about the "hot love" between them. Polonius arranges for what is called the Nunnery Scene,[4] where Polonius and Claudius hide to eavesdrop on a meeting between Hamlet and Ophelia. Polonius expects that Claudius will hear Hamlet say he loves Ophelia, when Hamlet thinks he's talking to Ophelia in private, and then Claudius will get involved to make Hamlet marry Ophelia. However, Polonius's idea turns into a disaster, when Hamlet rejects and berates Ophelia, claims he never loved her, and storms out.

After Hamlet storms out, Ophelia, heartbroken and in despair, makes her fine "O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown" soliloquy. The next meeting of Hamlet and Ophelia is at the 'Mousetrap Play'[5] which Hamlet has arranged to try to prove that Claudius killed Hamlet Sr. Hamlet sits with Ophelia, and is more pleasant to her, but he makes indecent remarks and still appears to be mad. Later that night, after the 'Mousetrap Play,' Hamlet accidentally kills Polonius,[6] during a private meeting between Hamlet and his mother, Queen Gertrude, in Gertrude's "closet" (parlor). At Ophelia's next appearance,[7] after her father's death, she has gone "mad," due to what the other characters interpret as grief. She sings and bestows flowers. After Ophelia's last appearance on stage, Queen Gertrude, in a famous monologue (There is a willow grows askant the brook,) reports that Ophelia fell from a tree into the brook and drowned.[8] Gertrude's announcement of Ophelia's death is one of the most poetic death announcements in literature.[9] We later see a sexton at the graveyard insisting Ophelia must have killed herself,[10] but there's nothing in the play to indicate he would really know anything about it. At Ophelia's funeral, both Laertes and Hamlet behave outrageously, as Laertes blames Hamlet for driving Ophelia mad, and Hamlet proclaims he loved Ophelia much more than Laertes did.

Ophelia (moon)

Jump to: navigation, search

There is also an asteroid called 171 Ophelia.

Ophelia Discovery

Discovered by: Richard J. Terrile / Voyager 2

Discovery date: January 20, 1986

Orbital characteristics

Mean radius of orbit: 53,764 km

Eccentricity: 0.0101

Orbital period: 0.37641 d

Inclination: 0.093° (to Uranus' equator)

Satellite of: Uranus

Physical characteristics

Dimensions: 54 × 38 km[1]

Surface area: ~5800 km² (estimate)

Volume: ~41,000 km³ (estimate)

Mass: ~5.3×1016 kg (estimate)

Mean density: ~1.3 g/cm³ (estimate)

Equatorial surface gravity: ~0.0070 m/s2 (estimate)

Escape velocity: ~0.018 km/s (estimate)

Rotation period: synchronous (assumed)

Axial tilt: zero (assumed)

Albedo: 0.07 (assumed)

Temperature: ~64 K (estimate)

Ophelia (oe-fee'-lee-ə, IPA: [ɔʊˈfiːliə]) is an inner satellite of Uranus. It was named after the daughter of Polonius, Ophelia, in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet. It is also designated Uranus VII.[2]

Ophelia acts as the outer shepherd satellite for Uranus' Epsilon ring.[1] The orbit of Ophelia is within the synchronous orbit radius of Uranus, and therefore the moon is slowly decaying due to tidal forces.[3]

It was discovered from the images taken by Voyager 2 on January 20, 1986, and was given the temporary designation S/1986 U 8.[4] It was not seen until the Hubble Space Telescope recovered it in 2003.[5]

Or my second choice

Lady Macbeth (Shakespeare)

Lady Macbeth is a character in Shakespeare's play Macbeth. While based on the real-life Queen Gruoch of Scotland, both her character and the play's events are tied very weakly to actual history.

In the play

After her husband, Macbeth of Scotland, informs her in a letter about his opportunity to become king, she tells herself that his temperament is "too full o' the milk of human kindness" (Act 1, Scene 5) for the necessary evil to kill the existing monarch, King Duncan, and so make this possible. In her eagerness, she calls for dark forces to "unsex" her and fill her with "direst cruelty". On his return, Macbeth defers deciding on the matter, but when the king has arrived, she ends his moral dilemma by manipulating him with clever arguments into committing the assassination. While Macbeth initially balks at the bloody tasks she insists that they are necessary to seize the throne; she wants him to leave everything to her and pull himself together, shocks him and questions his manhood.

(Shortly after she makes Macbeth do "the deed", she admits, in an aside, that she could not have done it herself because the king has resembled her own father as he slept, implying that she, too has at least some "milk of human kindness"). Lady Macbeth has arranged to frame Duncan's sleeping servants for the murder by planting bloody daggers on them. Realising that a dazed Macbeth has brought the daggers with him after the murder, Lady Macbeth has to put them back. Early the next morning, on seeing the murdered king in a crowd of appalled people, and hearing her husband make a fool of himself by becoming hysterical, she faints, whether simulated or not.

In the wake of the regicide, Macbeth is eventually appointed as the new king. But his marriage has changed, as well. Macbeth now does the planning and does not always fill her in on his actions, for example when he has his best friend, Banquo, and his son, Fleance, murdered in order to keep the Scottish throne, Banquo himself having received the prediction that his children would be kings, although he himself would never sit on a throne. Banquo is successfully murdered but Fleance manages to escape the murderers. At the following royal banquet, the murderer tells Macbeth about it and Lady Macbeth feels it necessary to encourage her husband to be more attentive to their guests. Soon Macbeth sees, or at least imagines to see, the bloody ghost of Banquo. Terrified, his ensuing monologue nears being telltale of his crime, but Lady Macbeth steps in, does what she can to dismiss his words as just a fit from which he has often suffered since his youth, and tells the guests to leave. After this scene, the audience loses sight of her for some time. She doesn't appear in Act 4 at all. In this Act, for instance, Macbeth becomes aware that Thane Macduff, who has fled to England to join Macbeth's opposing forces, poses a threat to him, and has Macduff's wife and children murdered. At any rate, Lady Macbeth doesn't have anything to do with it directly.

By this time, however, Lady Macbeth's long-suppressed conscience has begun to plague her; she sleepwalks, haunted by visions of spots on her hands which she cannot wash off — the blood her husband has spilled largely at her instigation — tormented into madness by the guilt. She also seems to blame herself for the acts Macbeth commits alone — such as having Macduff's wife and son killed — for her indirect responsibility, having pushed her husband to his state of tyranny. Just before the climactic battle between Macbeth and Macduff, she apparently commits suicide, though the play does not explicitly reveal the cause of her death.

As cultural figure

It is thought Shakespeare used the ruthless, manipulative Lady Macbeth to subvert the traditional Jacobean attitudes towards femininity. In the years since the play was written, she has become an archetypal character: she is the standard template for a wife goading her husband into bettering his position in life, if not her own. When speaking with Macbeth- especially when he is having doubts about whether or not he should do, or should have done, something- the scenes work as a neat contrast in their portrayal of her husband's fanciful images of ghosts and terrors and her earthy elusions towards everyday events and expressions ("the poor cat in the adage" she speaks of is a reference to an old fable about a cat that wanted fish but dared not wet her paws to get it, which compares- so she argues- to Macbeth's desire to be crowned, but initial fear of killing Duncan) as well as her questioning of his manhood. By the time Macbeth has suppressed his own conscience and commits murders of his own initiative, her role as his "tempter" is lost and that is when Shakespeare kills her off in the play. Whether or not, because she seduces Macbeth into murder in the first place, she or Macbeth deserve to be summed up by Duncan's bereaved son Malcolm as being a "dead butcher and his fiend-like queen" depends on how they are played. Whatever the answer, Lady Macbeth is often a firm favourite of actors and readers looking for "strong" female characters within Shakespeare's tragedies

Memorable lines

* "Come, you spirits

That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here

And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full

Of direst cruelty!

[...]

Come to my woman's breasts

And take my milk for gall, you murd'ring ministers,

Wherever in your sightless substances

You wait on nature's mischief. Come, thick night,

And pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell,

That my keen knife see not the wound it makes,

Nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark

To cry, 'Hold, hold!' " (Act 1, Scene 5)

* "These deeds must not be thought

After these ways; so, it will make us mad." (Act 2, Scene 2)

* "A little water clears us of this deed." (Act 2, Scene 2)

Francesca Annis as Lady Macbeth: "Out damned spot!" From: Roman Polanski's Macbeth (1971 film)

Francesca Annis as Lady Macbeth: "Out damned spot!" From: Roman Polanski's Macbeth (1971 film)

* "Nought's had, all's spent

Where our desire is got without content.

'Tis safer to be that which we destroy

Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

[...]

Things without all remedy

Should be without regard; what's done is done." (Act 3, Scene 2)

* "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!" (Act 5, Scene 1)

* "Here's the smell of the blood still; all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand. O, O, O." (Act 5, Scene 1)

* "To bed, to bed; there's knocking at the gate.

Come, come, come, come, give me your hand; what's done

Cannot be undone. To bed, to bed, to bed." (Act 5, Scene 1)

Or you can name her Roy... your choice ;)

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

i think you should name it Lew, or Lewla... it's got the moustache going on like our resident Lew lol

no idea, we usually just wait and see what kind of personality our dogs would have before naming them... cute dog either way :)

I am partial to Ophilia.I love that song by the Band,named my first pygmy goat that.What ever you decide on thats a cute pup.Terriors are a special type of dog ,its latin for chicken eater.I have chickens so I have no terriors.Just a couple of 85lb non chicken eating mutts.

Joe

Good morning OFNER'S....

Well 1st i would like to say thankyou so much for all ur replys and suggested names. It really is very much appreciated. We have finally decided on a name for her.

Akeisha.jpg

She seems to be settling in really well. Took her for her 1st walk last night with princess. Boy!oh boy!....lol...She has never been on a leash so it was quite the adventure......lol.....We have had no accidents in the house with her you take her out she does her #1 or #1 & 2....lol...which is great. I was naughty last night and let her sleep with me yeah i know bad bad bad not good.....But i figured her 1st night & a really big day for her yesterday i did not want to leave her on her 1st night with different surroundings and such.

So this morning i am going to be bringing up one of the spare carriers we have and make that up for her and tonight she will be sleeping in they're. So i may not get too much sleep tonight.....lol.....

But she seems to be settling in great and princess is just loving her which i am just thrilled about.

So anyway once again thanx so much everyone.

Your all great!!!

Nauti :D

Edited by nautifish