Fishing hut swiped from ice

kickingfrog

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3470222

Fishing hut swiped from ice

Updated 3:30pm Feb 13, 2012

COLLINGWOOD — Collingwood-Blue Mountains OPP are investigating the theft of an ice-fishing hut removed from the harbour's ice at Heritage Drive in Collingwood sometime overnight on Feb. 9.

According to OPP, the hut is a blue and grey Clam portable hut.

Anyone with information is asked to call OPP.

Ummmm, could it have blown away? :dunno:

Some people are retarded. Last year my cousin and I were I fishing at bayfront in Hamilton which I guess that should be a indication to not leave thing alone but we did and walked around the bay came back and our hut tackle eveything was gone. Just had our flasher and a rod each. Got to love these punks that would rather steal then work for something.

Punks around here break into permanent hits every year...

They light some on fire also...

Real cool kids...

What's the world coming to...

real cool kids with STUFF? i wonder if the thieves will be smart enough to bring it home after using it :whistling:

These days kids are bad? Teenagers and thieves are not a new phenomenon. Adults do some pretty dumb stuff too... Ask a police officer.

I'm not defending the people who stole said portable, but c'mon, leaving a portable shack overnight in a high traffic area is just asking for trouble.

Years ago I left my tackle unattended at a quiet shore spot and it was gone the next day. My parents said : then stop leaving your stuff behind.

Don't you need numbers and registration on any hut left over night?

Never seen numbers on a flip up clam before.

I leave mine for the couple of weeks I fish in Muskoka every year ... I actually registered it years ago and sewed my numbers into the side ... perfectly legal ... I try to secure it into the ice to prevent any chance of the 'screws' coming loose and blowing away ... been doing it for about 10 years .. and yes ONCE ... it did disappear .. but honestly couldnt tell you if it really just blew away.

I figure if you have to work that hard to protect your property (worth about 200 bucks) maybe it isnt worth protecting anyways ... anyhow ... sorry to hear about your loss .. but dont lose faith in your fishin brethren .. sure there are a few bad apples but most of them are actually stand up guys.

• 4 weeks later...

I leave mine for the couple of weeks I fish in Muskoka every year ... I actually registered it years ago and sewed my numbers into the side ... perfectly legal ... I try to secure it into the ice to prevent any chance of the 'screws' coming loose and blowing away ... been doing it for about 10 years .. and yes ONCE ... it did disappear .. but honestly couldnt tell you if it really just blew away.

I figure if you have to work that hard to protect your property (worth about 200 bucks) maybe it isnt worth protecting anyways ... anyhow ... sorry to hear about your loss .. but dont lose faith in your fishin brethren .. sure there are a few bad apples but most of them are actually stand up guys.

Heh ... guess I have to eat my words now :)

~~~~I once had a hut on Sincoe out of Virgina Beach, first day I took it out set it up with the wife, phished till noon then took herand the sled back in. Came back out after lunch and door was hanging off, called the a buddie Gord Booth who show up with the native detachment who followed the foot prints to 3 goofs phishen near by, they tired to leave when they saw the Native OOPs . They had most of my gear, which I got back.

I see in the foreseeable future, groups of grumpy old men wandering the streets causing damage to cars with mags and very low profile tires, cars with heavily shaded windows, breaking the windows to hip hop clubs, beating up people who wear their baseball caps backwards or those with pants so low that the crotch is between their knees, stealing cell phones from youngsters while they are texting, intimidating young people who drink energy drinks, punching anyone who says "yo", etc etc.

I see in the foreseeable future, groups of grumpy old men wandering the streets causing damage to cars with mags and very low profile tires, cars with heavily shaded windows, breaking the windows to hip hop clubs, beating up people who wear their baseball caps backwards or those with pants so low that the crotch is between their knees, stealing cell phones from youngsters while they are texting, intimidating young people who drink energy drinks, punching anyone who says "yo", etc etc.

What do you mean "in the foreseeable future"? Beans and I go on patrol whenever we get the chance, sometimes it just "DEPENDS"! LOL (Oh, and you wouldn't want to tick us off, we are too short tempered to put up a fair fight)! :whistling:

I'm picturing the two guys from the TD bank comercial..

Cliff and Beans. :rofl2:

Lol I was thinking the same thing while I was reading this.

As for the OP I think someone should do it know to these morons with no respect. Mind you it isn't just people in that stereo type that need it or not all of them deserve it but it is true for the most part.