Why I hate Banks

jedimaster

i find it amusing when people complain about paying bank fees, but don't consider talking to the bank to scrap the fees. i'm currently enjoying my 100% free banking with CIBC until i switch banks :thumbsup_anim:

Same. TD tried to charge me 120 to close my TFSA when I used the money for a house down payment. I called them, flipped, told them to leave one cent in the account and not to close it and that I want monthly paper statments.haha. Next thing I know, they call me, GIVE me 100 and offer me 3 free trades! Happy customer ever since.

Bottom line ALLY Bank just like any chartered bank in the USA is FDIC insured....so all your deposits whatever they may be are fully insured....and ALLY BANK pays in most cases 2X or more in interest then other banks and more then all three of our credit unions are now paying form money on deposit...

But if you like less interest, knock yourself out... :)

FDIC does have limits to what is insured. The only way to get unlimited funds insured by FDIC is to have them sitting in noninterest-bearing transaction accounts which is only temporary as the unlimited FDIC coverage on these accounts is set to expire December 31, 2012. I suspect there will be limits placed on them after this date.

ya, and when you need to borrow, they say

Do you have any money?

No, thats why i need to borrow some

Well sir, if you dont have any money, we cant give you any.wallbash.gif

Would you lend money to someone who showed up at your door with no assets you might be able to get your hands on should they stop paying you back...

I asked bmo last night to wave all of my fees on my chequing account and savings account, and pay me interest on my chequing account, raise the rate on my tfsa and make sur have unlimited transactions on my accounts forever or I would close my account. I walked out with a bank draft and a few less cards in my wallet.

We've had transaction fees waived for years, but every year it seems the fees start again until we correct the problem.

My wife just noticed service fees started up again over the last couple of months. She went into the bank an told them straight.

"We don't pay service fees at this bank !"

They reversed the charges immediately and said they would be continuing no service fee banking for us.

I asked bmo last night to wave all of my fees on my chequing account and savings account, and pay me interest on my chequing account, raise the rate on my tfsa and make sur have unlimited transactions on my accounts forever or I would close my account. I walked out with a bank draft and a few less cards in my wallet.

You should have stopped at everything you asked for less the interest on the chequing account and you'd be still there... at least if you talk as nice as I do to the ladies at BMO Midland that is! :D No reason to leave any amounts in chequing anyhow.. when a simple phone call to the assistant manager transfers funds from account to account.

.... and sounds like Remo is banking at the Bank of Nova Scotia! Where once a year they ignore what they promised you.

Edited by irishfield

when a simple phone call to the assistant manager transfers funds from account to account.

No phone call is needed...at least at my bank...transfers are done online by me all the time....and BTW I NEVER pay any fees.....of course having a sister in-law in charge of your bank branch does help.... :whistling:

I've been with PC Financial for several years now as my main personal account. I still have a shared TD account with my wife for the mortgage but for all regular day purchases PC is the way to go. I do all of my banking online, their phone service is great and I've had no problems walking in to zehrs to replace a card. Not to mention basically no fees for anything and I collect points for free groceries.

No phone call is needed...at least at my bank...transfers are done online by me all the time....and BTW I NEVER pay any fees.....of course having a sister in-law in charge of your bank branch does help.... :whistling:

"ON LINE BANKING".. for an old coot like you Bob.. I'm surprised. I have not and will not go that route. Haven't even had an ATM card since my BMO days at Keele & Wilson in 1980/81 and it was only so I could get cash when I got off the bus after banking hours.. to go to the beer store kitty corner across the intersection, with bus transfer in hand, to go up Keele and home! :D

"ON LINE BANKING".. for an old coot like you Bob.. I'm surprised. I have not and will not go that route. Haven't even had an ATM card since my BMO days at Keele & Wilson in 1980/81 and it was only so I could get cash when I got off the bus after banking hours.. to go to the beer store kitty corner across the intersection, with bus transfer in hand, to go up Keele and home! :D

I hardly ever go into a bank.....do 99% electronically....but every so often I get a check from the Fire Department for reimbursement to me for food or beer purchases...so I need to visit the sister in-law at the bank.... :)

:whistling:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3469106

Bank customer not very happy

Updated 12:30pm Feb, 2012

Barrie police were called to a Bayfield Street bank shortly after 7 p.m. Friday after an angry customer smashed out the front window.

Police say the man was not happy about the service he had received.

He was charged with mischief and now has a future court date.