Check your lightbulbs

jedimaster

Nope Paul... if it's there it doesn't have to work.. only need one working brake light for a safety and you can legally drive without signal lights functioning as long as you stick your arm out the window (not sure how good that is a night! LOL)... but you do indeed need two headlights unless it's a bike. Good thing I never got nailed when I had 8 lights on the front of the 'Bee for night "cruising" though... looks like 4 is max by law.

http://www.ontarioticket.com/motor-vehicle-lighting.php

I've gone out on OPP ride alongs with friends before. Saw a guy with a burnt out head light. Asked HER why we didn't pull him over. She said as long as there is a light on each side of the vehicle (passanger side and driver) you are OK. So on the front of a car, if you have a head light burnt out, but still a functioning running light (the orange ones) you are OK, and can not get a ticket. Not sure about the rulls with rear lights, and brake lights..

This cop I went on a ride along with absolutly loved giving tickets. It was here goal to see how many tickets she can give out, and always trying to break her records.. Good girl, but crazy :wallbash:

haha, don't get me started, on good cop bad cop... the guy on the phone said there is no way to get a court date unless I go in and request one, so this will be two days pay.

He's wrong, look at the back of your ticket. Simply fill it out and drop it in the mail.

think the whole thing sucks you had the light with you

I got luckey enought to get a speeding ticked (my fault cop was good )

On the back if you look at option 3 i belive thats what you want send in the ticket with out payment check option 3 in a couple weeks you will know when your trial will be.

They call Option 3

Trial Option,Ontario Court of Justice, Provinical Offences Office

Hope this help your ticket might be different

Got stopped last week for 68km in a 50km zone..........fair 'nuf.........however when I handed my insurance slip to the police office he politely told me that it had expired and could he see a current one, told him I would look for it. Well it took me 5 mins or so to sort though all of the crap in the folder it is usually in, finally found it. When he came back to the car I presented it to him and he said "sorry, ticket has been issued, ($60), fight it in court". :asshat:

Only thing he can do is show up to court/request a first attendence meeting with the crown and show proof that he fixed it. I know thats how our court works, i'm not 100% sure about Toronto.

Like I said, I've never given a ticket for a burnt out headlight. Its a reason to stop and talk to you, and let you know you have a light out for your safety, but I wouldn't tag you for. That being said, if you have illegal headlights (different colours) then you might get a ticket.

Its hard to find headlights all the same color. I had bought a pair of the only ones in the right size they had for my car at ctc. they are slightly whiter/bluer than the originals. I guess I better not drive with one slightly yellowy standard one and one slightly brighter/blueier one. I am bound to get nabbed for that on my way home tonight. hehe

I wouldn't admit guilt, there's no way a police officer should have given you a ticket while you were on your way home with a NEW bulb ready for replacement.

Plead not guilty, get your court date and the judge will probably get a laugh and toss it out.

I'm all for going in and pleading to a lessor charge if you've actually done someone wrong, but no way I'd do that in this case. That's complete Bull. Make sure you bring your receipt with you that shows the time/date on it!! Easily showing you knew you had the issue and were in the process of fixing it.

We will see what happens I guess. I am gonna go in tomorrow morning before work to the arrange a court date thingy. It opens at 8:30 so if I go in early enough I might be able to sneak into work without anyone noticing, and only lose a single days pay when I go to the actual trial.

and only lose a single days pay when I go to the actual trial.

And isn't that a complete farce !!!!!!

A man does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG and is actually getting ready to fix the stupid bulb like he's sposed to, yet he's still gonna forfeit a days pay.

If I was the judge I'd make the dopey cop with no more smarts than a fence post reimburse his lost money plus pay the court costs too.

Jeeez, I don't usually get riled up but this kinda crap needs to stop !!!!!