Outdoor Card/Fishing Licence renewal late

captpierre

Renewed our cards and fishing licences on-line before Christmas and haven't received them yet.

Anybody else have this problem? Good thing I don't ice fish.

If you renewed online you can use the printed version until your new card arrives in the mail.

Bought mine in mid December and still haven't received it. My printer was broken so I couldn't print off the temp either. I emailed them but all they said was it should arrive late January so hopefully this week I'll get it. I was told in the meantime I can buy a replacement card for $10 if I want to go fishing before then. Thanks!

Bought mine in mid December and still haven't received it. My printer was broken so I couldn't print off the temp either. I emailed them but all they said was it should arrive late January so hopefully this week I'll get it. I was told in the meantime I can buy a replacement card for $10 if I want to go fishing before then. Thanks!

You're blaming the government because you ran out of ink on your printer?

I ordered my 3 year Outdoors Card and 3 year licence back in December and yesterday received my envelope with the outdoors card. It is different than the old system. With the old system the licence tag would be printed on the back of the Outdoors Card - not anymore. At least not for out of province Canadians like me.

What I thought was a temporary license - the e-license that I printed off - is not temporary by the looks of things. That is the actual licence that is to be carried along with the Outdoors Card.... an 8.5 x 11.5 piece of paper that I am supposed to carry in my wallet... for the next 3 years. What the hell??

If this is correct, I have just one question. What idiot thought this up? Someone please tell me this isn't so - that the website is wrong.

By the way, if you send them an email you get an autoreply saying the will respond in 15 days. Again... What the hell??

It is absolutely nuts! If you are unable to print of the e-licence they will be happy to print it off for you and mail the e-licence to you. Well that is just wonderful.... I may was well put a big frame around it and wear it around my neck as it sure as heck will not fit in my wallet...

Has anyone down there ever actually been fishing?

Edited by NWO Fishing

I ordered mine online the first week of december. Got it in the mail today and its the same as it always has been. Whats supposed to be different ?

It is different for Canadian residents but not for Ontario residents by the looks of it. I imagine that for most Canadian residents this will not be a major issue as they would only need to carry the e-licence in their wallet for their annual week long fishing trip to Ontario. For those of us that are from Winnipeg and use North West Ontario as our playground all summer and every weekend in spring and fall - I don't think carrying a full sheet of printer paper around in the wallet for 3 years is workable. The paper wouldn't last longer than a month in my wallet much less 3 years.

I went to my bait shop and renewed on Jan 4 and got my card yesterday! I was surprised. The card is the exact same...silly beaten to death question...but do I still need to carry that big yellow stampy sticker thing too??

Same here. Got it Jan. 4th, card came jan. 29th. Not bad at all, but getting my license renewed was a bit of a run around.....

I think your supposed to carry the yellow stampy sticker thing with your card. Not really sure, but mine has a little sticky tab on it that sticks to my card real nice, so I'm just going to keep it there.

S.

You're blaming the government because you ran out of ink on your printer?

I'm blaming the government for being inept. It's not like they were suddenly hit with the problem of creating licences, people were going to want/need them. ANY other time you buy something online, you get an email confirmation/receipt. Boater's exam, I got an email where I could print off the temporary licence afterwards if I lost/damaged it, or if I did it on a computer without a printer hooked up. Good setup, simple, effective. Yet the MNR can't do something as simple and straight forward as that? Especially since they knew there would be trouble getting the licences? Honestly, it seems like it's being run by a bunch of amatuers and this whole situation (NEEDING to legally have a licence that aren't even available to fish) is a joke. I never knew at the time I bought my licence online that it would take almost 2 months to deliver, either. By the way, I have plenty of ink, my printer just won't work. Turns on, but won't print. Don't even get me started on governments....tongue.gif

I'm blaming the government for being inept. It's not like they were suddenly hit with the problem of creating licences, people were going to want/need them. ANY other time you buy something online, you get an email confirmation/receipt. Boater's exam, I got an email where I could print off the temporary licence afterwards if I lost/damaged it, or if I did it on a computer without a printer hooked up. Good setup, simple, effective. Yet the MNR can't do something as simple and straight forward as that? Especially since they knew there would be trouble getting the licences? Honestly, it seems like it's being run by a bunch of amatuers and this whole situation (NEEDING to legally have a licence that aren't even available to fish) is a joke. I never knew at the time I bought my licence online that it would take almost 2 months to deliver, either. By the way, I have plenty of ink, my printer just won't work. Turns on, but won't print. Don't even get me started on governments....tongue.gif

I agree 100%......I can get order something online and that product, even a fairly large product can be at my door in 2 days to 5 days from across the country without fail....but for a small piece of paper to arrive in my mail box from the MNR takes 1-2 months is really unacceptable in today's computer generated world....btw I'm also waiting 1 month now.....doesn't make any sense to me....they received payment as I already had to pay the cc bill but they can't send what I order from them in a reasonable time. This is a perfect example of how government does it's job... :wallbash:

Bob

Looks like they are finally sending them out, Juli got hers early this week + I've heard/read of a few other guys/gals receiving them.

For the record we were checked twice (Nipissing and Simcoe) no problem with the paper temporary license...other than it was a pain in the you know what, folded up in my wallet.