Outdoor Card/Fishing Licence renewal late

captpierre

My wife renewed her 3 year Outdoors Card and 3 year fishing licence around the same time that I did. When she paid online she didn't bother to print the e-licence as she thought it was temporary until her real card and licence would arrive in the mail - just like every year. When her card arrived without the licence - because she is not an Ontario resident - and we realized that the e-licence was meant to be carried around for 3 years - she went back online to see if she would be able to print it off. There is no way to do that.

At that point she sent off an email and today received a reply.

If you are a non-resident of Ontario there will be no licence mailed to you.The e-licence is meant to be printed from your home computer after thepurchase. If you did not save a copy of the licence or print it outafter the transaction, you will need to obtain a replacement at aService Ontario office offering Ministry of Natural Resources servicesor at a local issuer in Ontario. For a list of such locations, pleasevisit our website ontario.ca/outdoorscard. There will be a replacementfee of $10.50.

Non residents be warned!

My wife renewed her 3 year Outdoors Card and 3 year fishing licence around the same time that I did. When she paid online she didn't bother to print the e-licence as she thought it was temporary until her real card and licence would arrive in the mail - just like every year. When her card arrived without the licence - because she is not an Ontario resident - and we realized that the e-licence was meant to be carried around for 3 years - she went back online to see if she would be able to print it off. There is no way to do that.

At that point she sent off an email and today received a reply.

If you are a non-resident of Ontario there will be no licence mailed to you.The e-licence is meant to be printed from your home computer after thepurchase. If you did not save a copy of the licence or print it outafter the transaction, you will need to obtain a replacement at aService Ontario office offering Ministry of Natural Resources servicesor at a local issuer in Ontario. For a list of such locations, pleasevisit our website ontario.ca/outdoorscard. There will be a replacementfee of $10.50.

Non residents be warned!

In order to print this temp license you had to download it first....look on your computer to see if it's in your download files.

She never bothered to download it - we checked. I imagine there will be a lot of people in the same boat in that if you don't plan on actually fishing until the spring you wouldn't bother to download what you believe to be a temporary licence. When you renew there is nothing noticeable that indicates that the licences are different than they have been in previous years so one just assumes the licence will come in the mail along with the Outdoors Card like it always has.

That's too bad........just checked the one I printed and it does say Temp Outdoors Card and Fishing License.......so it's a good thing I printed it....but it's a friggen huge 8x10" piece of paper I have to carry around in my wallet....this is another step BACKWARDS by government... :wallbash:

That's too bad........just checked the one I printed and it does say Temp Outdoors Card and Fishing License.......so it's a good thing I printed it....but it's a friggen huge 8x10" piece of paper I have to carry around in my wallet....this is another step BACKWARDS by government... :wallbash:

I is like no one at MNR has ever been fishing....

I shrunk mine down when printing and folded it over the Outdoors card so it fits in the wallet. It will not last 3 years though so I plan on reprinting it every once in a while.