Better late...

bigugli

Had been out on Cooks Bay on Sunday with a friend. What a hoot. With the exception of some idiot busting the ice with his wheels, we had a stellar day.

It was a non stop bite from sunup to sundown. Lots of dinks with a 1 to 5 ratio for keepers. Man the keepers are getting fat.

DSCN3519.jpg

Too much action for 2 lines, besides the dead stick produced nothing.

Rattle jigs were the dinner bell. Tipped with an Arkansas minnow it was deadly. Come late afternoon, the perch started to get finicky so I started alternating to different presentations of teardrops with Berkely maggots or salties, then back to a buckshot.

Had one bruiser of a pike cruise past the mouth of my hole, not interested in my wee offerings. There were some herring as well. One came up the hole to visit, and was sent back. I only took one pic while on the ice, after that the camera kinda got buried in the gear.

DSCN3517.jpg

No problem bringing home a few quality meals.

DSCN3518.jpg

For those complaining about the lack of dinner plate shots lately, I present the breakfast of champions

DSCN3520.jpg

Home fries, a mess of perch, and a corn fritter. All washed down with a steaming hot mug of coffee and brandy

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm! Looks awesome and glad you had a great day on the ice!

Not sure of your beverage choice, but to each their own!! I think my choice would have been something frosty with suds!clapping.gif

Cheers,

EL

Later in the day it would be beer. For brekkie its always a braced cuppamud ;)

Hardcore is handjigging 6-700 smelt, then cleaning em. We just never learn :wallbash:

I could spend a day doing that. When Simcoe had the big rainbow smelts,it was well worth it.

The kids would have a blast when a swarm would come in and we would just drop some tied on yarn and a split shot.I can still hear the laughter from them hauling up ounce size bait.LOL

Good times.

I could spend a day doing that. When Simcoe had the big rainbow smelts,it was well worth it.

The kids would have a blast when a swarm would come in and we would just drop some tied on yarn and a split shot.I can still hear the laughter from them hauling up ounce size bait.LOL

Good times.

Nothing like a wee scrap of red wool. Quick lift and shake.