JUNK MAIL

Billy Bob

I know most of you guys are in Canada but I'm sure you all get the dreaded JUNK MAILINGS....so here's what I have found that has worked for me...

In regards to junk mailings....some little known facts that might get rid of the same old crap you receive week after week after week....

On many (not all) credit card junk mailings there is either a address or phone number you have to contact to take yourself off their mailing list....LOOK hard at all the small print as that's where they hide it.

I have also taken a RED magic marker on these credit applications and boldly marked "PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LIST" then use their own postage paid envelope to mail it back to them..

Last but not least if none of the above actions didn't work (but you have to give them about 2 months for it to go through) take a pen or magic marker and write on the unopened envelope "RETURN TO SENDER" and put it back into the mail box....the post office will send it back to them and they have to pay for the return postage at first class rates....this they do not like or want to have continued... (this tip I got from my mailman Bill) THANKS BILL... :thumbsup_anim:

I have done each of these above tactics because I was just sick and tire of the same crap every week...some (Southwest Airlines) would send me a credit card application 2 or three times a WEEK for BOTH me and my wife....

Now I am almost junk mail FREE (my favorite 4 letter word) and it feels GREAT.... :)

Good Luck,

Bob

B.B. get one of those pre-paid return envelopes and stuff it FULL of other junk mail and send it back. Do that with every pre-paid envelope you get and the mailings will stop.

Did that for YEARS...they still showed up everyday...but now not so much since I did the things that I already mentioned.

That's about what I did. I would open up all these things and write on it with big black magic marker to remove me from all future mailings. And I also thank them for paying the return postage. I really don't get any more credit card applications, or other junk any more. I have fun and write different things on them.

You can fill out a form at the post office and you will not recieve any mail that is not specifically addrresed to someone in the household.

As for the other junk "Return to Sender" is the best option.

As long as the mail is first class marking it return to sender will work. If the mail is not first class then the post service will not return it,the carrier will throw it away at the post office. I was a letter carrier for 38yrs so I know how bulk/junk mail is handled

Monday I got 2 MORE junk mailings.....this time it was another credit card application....one for me and one for my bride....grrrrr.....

Nothing in print on how to get them to stop the mailings so this time I called the 800 # to apply and told them I wanted the mailings to stop....they asked for a 9 digit code # on our forms..blah blah blah and now they will no longer mail out that crap and I saved another tree....hopefully it's a white oak that produces tons of acorns for my deer friends.... :whistling:thfudd.gif

Done the return to sender many times. Capital one credit card kept sending me junk trying to get me to take a card, did the RTS thing and after several times they either got the hint or just changed their marketing program. I still do occasionaly get addessed junk mail but lately ignore it.

I think the worst junk mail is the kind asking for money....you know the type, gas bill, phone bill, electric bill, house tax bill ...... :wallbash: all junk mail! :lol:

Several years ago I got tired of trying to get American Express to stop sending me "pre approved" credit card applications so one day as a lark I applied for one in my dogs name and one in my son's name and sent them in.

Both got approved, my son was only 15 at the time, (Sandy was about 4 people years old so I might have put down 28 for her age) and neither had never had a full time job at that point. Difference was his and my names are the same, same address, etc.. He was a little pissed at me when I wouldn't let him use it LOL. When I called American Express they were more than happy to cancell the cards and put me on their "do not send list".

Apart from that now I just toss it in the recycle bin. It isn't worth my time to do much else with it.