In Search of Sasquatch Cats

Rich

Well Sleded and I decided we'd get in doo doo with the wives and went fishing all day. Now that was a good choice! First we went down to check out Amo's tournament.. money in our pockets and all but to our surprise nobody was down there. Hmmm.. well I guess that meant we were heading out to some local cat haunts in search of big channel cats. The first spot we tried was last year's "Area 57".. right off the bat I missed one on a chunk of shad meat. I thought things would be good from the almost instant action.. but 'twas not so. This spot blew. Sleded did manage one little channel cat which gave us some hope for the day.

DSC00061.jpg

Sleded also had trouble getting the net around this one for me. Man did I ever want it!

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Whew, thanks Eric! I dont know what I would have done if you couldnt have got the net around her.

As it got later, we moved to the mouth of this creek in hopes that the bigger ones would be cruising. Bites were constant, but they weren't our target species. Bullheads were littering this spot and apparently had the munchies. They wouldn't leave the cut bait alone.

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

Well.. after that, no channel cats. Then the rain/snow started and we decided 12 hours was enough fishing for us. I came back to the doghouse at about 12:30 am :wink:

Oh well it was a great day out. Just another scouting mission. Any day now those big kitties will move in.

This directionless vessel of humanhood has but one account on our board. He is now on mod cue which means that a mod will have to approve everyone of his posts prior to the post becoming visible.

This directionless vessel of humanhood has but one account on our board. He is now on mod cue which means that a mod will have to approve everyone of his posts prior to the post becoming visible.

Sigh,

The daycare gig never ends. sheesh!

May is just around the corner Roy.

:Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim: