Bunch more steelhead today

icefisherman

Well since ice is absent and weather is nice what better to do today than go check how the steelies are doing....and they sure were ready to play....6/9 today my best day so far since I started this new to me type of fishing a month or so ago...lots of bites and all were nice clean fresh silver fish....I know they are not whitefish from Lake Simcoe but for now it'll have to do....few shots bellow for your viewing pleasure....lots of power and energy in those fish few good acrobats did 7-8 jumps each...fun fun and more fun ...ha ha ha My first day fighting with icebergs and shore ice...definately trickier and more challenging than without but doable. One fish had a nasty and fresh lamprey wound on its side .....

WP_000105.jpg

WP_000100.jpg

WP_000102.jpg

WP_000104.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

a month ago I was suprised you guys were still fishing the rivers... at this point its unbelievable. Have you ever seen it this late before?

Many guys never stop. The season for me runs Oct-May with Oct/Nov and Mar/Apr being the prime months.

Plenty of great fishing in the winter months to be had.

It is imo the golden age of steelheading in the great lakes region. It's one of the very few fisheries we have here in southern ON that I would deem world class and is the doorstep of millions of people.

Nice fishing btw Emil, you're a machine. :lol:

It only takes a day of mild weather/rain to open up the tribs, and there's plenty warm days all winter.

Many guys never stop. The season for me runs Oct-May with Oct/Nov and Mar/Apr being the prime months.

Plenty of great fishing in the winter months to be had.

It is imo the golden age of steelheading in the great lakes region. It's one of the very few fisheries we have here in southern ON that I would deem world class and is the doorstep of millions of people.

Nice fishing btw Emil, you're a machine. laugh.gif

... and some guys catch them on the ice too, don't they? Your right Solo, you guys have a top-quality fishing opportunity with the steelhead. I only had one month of experience with them on the Notty before I moved away. I loved it even though I was hardly successful.

I'll be going to _______ during the week, I like to avoid the crowds.

I think the weather will bring out more crowds to any fishable water rather than one remark about a tag.

I went to a different trib today and I caught some sunshine and good conversations with other fishermen, there was nothing being caught.

Well since ice is absent and weather is nice what better to do today than go check how the steelies are doing....and they sure were ready to play....6/9 today my best day so far since I started this new to me type of fishing a month or so ago...lots of bites and all were nice clean fresh silver fish....I know they are not whitefish from Lake Simcoe but for now it'll have to do....few shots bellow for your viewing pleasure....lots of power and energy in those fish few good acrobats did 7-8 jumps each...fun fun and more fun ...ha ha ha My first day fighting with icebergs and shore ice...definately trickier and more challenging than without but doable. One fish had a nasty and fresh lamprey wound on its side .....

WP_000105.jpg

WP_000100.jpg

WP_000102.jpg

WP_000104.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

That's what it's about. Get out there when every one has forgotten about it and have the time of your life. Just bring good gloves, it gets cold landing all those fish this time of year :clapping:. Glad to hear someone is taking advantage of this weather, GJ.