IBP

lovetofish

I'm sure there a more then a few people that fish out of IBP, can't believe what they did!!!!

<iframe src="http://www.ustream.tv/embed/recorded/19565836" width="608" height="368" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: 0px none transparent;"></iframe>

lovetofish

Edited by aplumma
no board linking with out Moderators approval.

that's to sucks to see that the city has blocked off the boat launch at the park.

guess I'll have to look for another way to get into the ice this year.

thanks for the heads up.

By the way how will this effect the fishing for Tylor this year?

I'm sure it's the same as when they did a new dock at Sibbald. They do the work when it effects...the lest visitors or resident people. That would be fall or winter...plain and simple. I'm not happy about it either. But I understand how these things work.

Relax people there are lots of other places to fish on Simcoe. It's a big lake.

They are probably protecting people against themselves by blocking their way on or off the water at this time of year with a boat or a hut. Once everything is safe, it's a 10 minute job to move those barriers out of the way. But if you really must know why it was done, call Ol' Barb eh? It's Innisfil, folks. I'm sure the mairess answers her own phone.

Methinks there might have been an ulterior motive for the thread.

I think you will likely see the barriers removed( or at least a few of them), Local fire/rescue personal will need a place for launching their ice rescue boats in the event of an emergency and thats the spot. I would not panic just yet.

Although as mentioned its a great way to protect people from themselves.

R

Its to keep the dumb :asshat: off so they don't sink their suv's

Pretty much, there is ALWAYS a giant gaping hole at the end of that boat ramp because some idiot decided to drive out instead of testing the ice first. This goes for snowmachines, trucks, whatever.

These are actually construction barriers, they are working to improve the launch for summer boaters, and improve the access to the lake. If you have ever tried to launch there you can understand how difficult it is in the fall when the water level is dropped. The docks you see are actually new.

PS - During safe ice times, you can drive off the end of the 9th line and park on the ice.....or keep on driving.

These are actually construction barriers, they are working to improve the launch for summer boaters, and improve the access to the lake. If you have ever tried to launch there you can understand how difficult it is in the fall when the water level is dropped. The docks you see are actually new.

PS - During safe ice times, you can drive off the end of the 9th line and park on the ice.....or keep on driving.

Thanks for the tip

Is the 25$ non-resident a new thing or is that just for the summer boat launch? If I recall correctly, it used to be 15$ to park in the winter before. They should really make it less (5-10$ or a 60$ 3 month winter pass). They would actually get more business like this, as a lot of people (myself included) go elsewhere. 15$ isn't much when you factor in gas and equipment to get out ice fishing, but it's the principle of it.