what is up with the new licences

Spouph

Just got my licence for next year it is a peice of plastic like thin..... what happened to the stickers do our cards need to be carried or do both cards need to be carried.. Is it just a canadian tire thing or does the tackle shops offer the stickers. anyone ???????????

I went to a crappy tire today to renew mine, and they had absolutely NONE of the stuff to do it, what a joke. How does the mar expect ppl to stay legal if they don't issue renewal tags before the beginning of the new year.

I guess my best bet would be to renew everything online

if you do it online you can print a copy of your license. I had tried to renew mine at lebarons and the machine cancled and after that we tried 2 more times and it would not work. so I tried online at home and I only had the option to get a 1 year or 3 year conservation license.... and it said my card expired in 2014, which was not true. after 30 minutes of busy signals on friday i got through and it turned out it had renewed somehow but didnt print out and i didnt pay for it. So the lady on the phone was able to reset my lisence and I renued it for 3 years online so i wouldnt have to deal with it every year :) She said they have had a lot of extra phone calls this year due to the new system. I would highly recommend renuing it online as it takes 5 minutes to do.

I was one of the "lucky" ones that it worked for at Gagnon's today. Apparently a bunch of ppl's wouldnt work, for no apparent reason!

They even told my buddy (who's renewal didnt work for his small game license), to "go ahead and hunt anyways, and if they ask you say you tried but couldnt get it".....LOL....

What a stupid system....

Our NYS DECAL license system when it first came out also had MANY problems just like yours. I went to 4 places to get my hunting/fishing license that first year before I could actually get a license. But now it's fine and a great system....I'm sure Ontario's will settle in once all the kinks get worked out.

Bob

Online isn't all that easy...I renewed it after several attempts in November...still haven't received anything. My card is expired as well as the license...so I guess I just fish and say "it's in the mail" ??

I'm sure there's lots of issues we don't know about in this regard, but seems to be very poorly done.

Nope, once the government deems you old, they give you a freebie.

Be careful what you say....NYS reniged on free hunting / fishing license the year before my dad was illegible. Now it's just a reduce rate.... :rolleyes: ...but my son and nephew receive free hunting / fishing licenses because they are both in the Air Force..... :clapping:

Nope, once the government deems you old, they give you a freebie.

I thought 70 was the new 65. They ought to change that... freeloaders.sarcasm.gifsarcasm.gif

I just did the online process... it took 5 minutes, no issues.

$51.77? was it that much last year for a one year sport license?? Seems high.

I thought 70 was the new 65. They ought to change that... freeloaders.sarcasm.gifsarcasm.gif

I just did the online process... it took 5 minutes, no issues.

$51.77? was it that much last year for a one year sport license?? Seems high.

they may have sold youa card too, idid not even look at my reciep, it took me a half hour and I had my arctic armor bottoms on I was boiling but I am pretty sure the 1 yr lcn was 37 dollars. The system would not renew her card , said it expired, but the card says 2012 on it soo I just walked out. Double check you did not double pay for a card, but I would just be happy to know I've got the licence it not worth the hassle of getting a refund.

Online isn't all that easy...I renewed it after several attempts in November...still haven't received anything. My card is expired as well as the license...so I guess I just fish and say "it's in the mail" ??

I'm sure there's lots of issues we don't know about in this regard, but seems to be very poorly done.

My dad renewed his Outdoors Card online in November and still hasn't received anything. He didn't bother printing off the temporary copy because he was sure he would get it on time... I haven't gotten mine either, but renewed mid-December, at least I printed the temp one off though...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i tried yesterday and today to renew my license online and it won't accept my postal code. i'm headed out fishing tomorrow with the error page printed off as my license. i know there's a good chance i'll see a CO and i assume he'll probably still ticket me but should that happen i'll be seeing him in court. what an unmitigated disaster this "transition" is gonna be this January. most people didn't even seem to know this change was coming, myself included. :whistling:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

After going to many bait shops, ctc etc in the past month or so just to renew my stickker has been fustrating. All I was told was on dec 15th the will be available,,,,, haha ya right.Then told they are available in mid january :blink: What really burns me is that the mnr and the issuers of the card and licences know that they expire dec 31. Why leave things for last minute :dunno:

Anyhow, I went on line this morning, purhased a 1 year sticker with no issues. Only 5 minutes of my time and the best thing is I can make as many copies of my licence as I please. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I want to renew mine the other day and got told that I had to purchase the outdoor card 9.86 and my 3 yr lic for 83.29. Told the guy that I believe he was wrong because when I purchased my lic 3 yrs ago only paid 81.75. Guy said i was wrong and that is what it will cost me :dunno: Any one else run into this for the 2012 3 yr Sport fishing lic 92.97 seems quite a much for a 3 yr when you consider 11.22 differance in 3 yrs... :angry: