iPhone Vs Galaxy S 2 ...

bassjnkie

So I'm up for a phone upgrade and would like some user opinions. Presently I am using an iPhone 3G and had no problems with it.

I am looking at the iPhone 4S, but very interested in the Samsung Galaxy S 2 LTE. So hopefully I can get some opinions on these phones. Any help appreciated.

Daniel

I have the Samsung and it is an amazing phone. I know a bunch with Iphones and a few with the new Iphone 4s which is a joke. They bring it out as an upgrade to come equal with the old galaxy and have the voice to text. Try the Galaxy you won't be disapointed. I went with it and love it.

The galaxy also has a bigger screen and is thinner.

Edited by Live2fish85

I have the Galaxy S2, and it's great. Very thin, huge screen, and it is extremely light. Also the exterior of it seems very durable. The Iphone can't do anything that the GS2 can't do, and I think physically the Galaxy is a better phone, and depending on how savvy you are, you will have more options with an Android OS. It also tethers great if you ever need a computer with an internet connection in a remote place. The only negative I can think of is actually that it's so light for its size sometimes I feel like I might drop it.

Edited by Lota lota

went through 3 phones in the last 3 months..(thanks work) the BB bold 9900, the nexus and now the galaxy s2.

for pure business use, the BB is still tops in my opinion. as a personal phone/toy, the galaxy s2. i did not like the nexus, battery life was garbage.

Edited by Raf

If you have other apple devices, like an imac or ipad, then it would be nice to integrate the iphone with those.

I have the GS2 and it is a great device. I don't even really use it as a phone that often. I like it more as a handheld computer, to use the apps.

Blackberry is in its deathroes avoid at all costs.

Thanks Everyone. I didn't think I was gonna get all the suggestions/opinions. I did a lot of research on the 2 phones, but after all these replies I'm leaning a lot more towards the Galaxy S 2 which has so much more to offer. Thanks again all.

Daniel

I'm THRILLED with my iPhone 4S. I can't compare it to anything as it is my first smartphone. Doesn't matter which one you get.....the capabilities of these things are utterly stupifying LOL. I went from a flip phone to a phone that is a gps, a flashlight, a wackload of video games, a level, a photo editor, heck I can play and record my guitar thru the dang thing

.. I'm like the 3rd guy on here with IPhone 3. Never had a problem with it. And before this one I had every phone out there, including Blackberry piece of crap. I would have to agree with the other IPhone 3 users: why bother with getting a new phone? Why? P.S. Friendly joke : IPhone 4s ... Why don't they just say it " IPhone For Ass " lol get it?

.. I'm like the 3rd guy on here with IPhone 3. Never had a problem with it. And before this one I had every phone out there, including Blackberry piece of crap. I would have to agree with the other IPhone 3 users: why bother with getting a new phone? Why? P.S. Friendly joke : IPhone 4s ... Why don't they just say it " IPhone For Ass " lol get it?

I agree about the Blackberry phones being crap. Even for business as if you have hands bigger then a child typing is limilted. Also IPhones a good but S2 is better, the only problem about Samsung is they are one of the main companies putting these wonderful turbines all over our Province.

I was never an apple fan till I tryed this phone out, Apple is so much more advanced then everybody else, you can say what you want, people who are putting there phone above iphone wont admite they bought a peice of crap. iPhone is the only way to go, theres not EVEN a close second. Every other brand is a copy, look where phones where a few years ago to now, and there ipad, who was the first and everybody else just followed suit. Do yourself a favour and by the iphone you wont ever look at an other phone again. RIM was king for a while and even competed with apple where are they now? now galaxy or whatever you call them? This is not an opinion its a fact. Buy an iphone.

Paul

If IPhone is so far ahead then why did they just release the 4S which was only upgraded to voice to text. The old galaxy was out before the IPhone 4 and and it had it I believe that is so they could keep up. He was looking at a good phone which no one said IPhones were crap but not the best no more. So maybe you should try it before commenting I have used both and would take the Galaxy hands down. If your a materialistic person then buy an IPhone to fit in lol.

Also Blackberry was the first smartphone meaning IPhone copied them. Just with vast improvments. Then Samsung showed IPhone.

Edited by Live2fish85

I for one can only comment on the i phone, and Im very pleased with it. Im no puter guru nor did I care for cell phones at all.

I have the iphone 4 3g, its exteremly convenient and easy to use. I do like the fact that i can use my laptop without any cords attached. :thumbsup_anim:

My other cell is much like a blackberry and I dont really care too much for the screen size and the tiny buttons. To each their own, i like my iphone:thumbsup_anim

Edited by vinnimon

if you enjoy surfing or streamimng music or vids on your phone....blackberry is more economical...they compress their data....if your in buisness and need to send private and secure documents...blackberry is by far the better choice....having said that i think both formats have thier place....as for which phone is better...iphone or the s2...they are very much one in the same phones

Edited by workwear

I have have the Samsung Galaxy S 2 and like it very much. I bought the otter box for it and seems to very durable with it on it.

x2, Otter box is great idea with this phone. I am very happy with it.

Edited by Harrison