Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

Nick is holding a strong lead right now. A pike a four herring. Blair has biggest fish with a decent pike. One small perch for me... At least my lures will be nice and clean

Breath deeply. Become the bait.You are the bait. Raise your head to the heavens and repeat after me.

w00t.gif HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY FISHY !!!!!!!!!!!!w00t.gif

I just got home. Last thing I did was drive NAW and Livinfishing from the shack to shore, to pick up some gear. By they opened the door, a full blizzard had set in! I drove them back to the shack as a courtesy move,.. Should be an interesting night for them and Lota Lota.

Full report tomorrow.. Right now I'm off to kick out some jams for the night.

too bad we couldn't get out to your area and meet everyone. We ended up I don't know where. Roughly 4km from our huts but was told we could see an island and beyond was Callender Bay

we did well with some nice jumbo perch, walleye, and two good size whitefish. Fished in about 49FOW. have to say the whitefish is very good.

awesome time had by all, very few fish but i think it was fun day on the ice anyway! when we left the boys were getting set up for the night, then the phone call came that lota lotas tent and belongings were spread over callander bay!!!!!!hope everyone is ok! thanks to blair and chad for putting together another great day!!!

Short report as I did not take many of the pictures. Rod Caster was the camera man.

As of 6pm there were at least 6 walleye caught, biggest being 23". 3 pike, biggest being 25". 4 herring, biggest being 16.5". 8-10 perch, biggest being 10.5".

Here is a lunch time group shot. Rod Caster (Chad), Spud7378 (Kevin), Livinisfishin (Jason), Fishman2202 (Alexander), Motion (Tony), East Luther (Jay). Hot dogs and hamburgers on the bar-b-que.

CIMG2495.jpg

Trouty (Ryan), Wormdunker (Brian), and Brian

CIMG2496.jpg

Lota Lota (Dan) and his cousins acomodations pre wind-storm.

CIMG2497.jpg

Joey Tier

CIMG2498.jpg

Spud7378 (Kevin) in his hut.

CIMG2499.jpg

Duckdog (Nelson)'s set up with his son Carter (both inside).

CIMG2501.jpg

Motion (Tony) and his son Fishman2202 (Alexander)'s set ups.

CIMG2504.jpg

Rod Caster will provide fishing pictures.

Edited by Nipfisher

Hey guys thanx for a wonderful day. It was nice to meet all the members whom I had only know previously as posters on the board. Weather was great, fishing was good. My buddy from London ( Brian) got skunked which is good for me. I outfished him by 1 pike 19.5". if it wern't for Alex nailing 3 walleye in less than 30 minutes I wouldn't have gotten any excercise, running to see his fish! Blair U R the best for organizing this event. Thanx for sharing your shack to warm up in. A big thank U to the OFNers who supplied the hot dogs & burgers. My ride to the LCBO with the ATV was awesome. U can drive an ATV on the streets in Callandar. In my town U get arrested! Randy from Sturgeon - I did blow the horn while cruising thru Sturgeon Falls. Why didn't U wave? Blair What did U do with my cheesies & pretzels? I'm hungry now! Tired, going to bed

Well that was a fun ride back home! It took us over four hours of driving through hell to get home. White-outs, two conga lines and tons of blowing snow. Well at least we made it back in one piece. I'm dead tired, mainly from running back and forth to my son Alexander's hut to help him with his many fish.

We had a blast today fishing and meeting all the guys that showed up for the GTG. Special thanks to Blair for organizing the event and for meeting up with us yesterday to do some late afternoon perch fishing. Thanks to Chad as well for helping us though out the day.

Hope we can do this again next year!

Cheers.

Edited by motion

Well that was a fun ride back home! It took us over four hours of driving through hell to get home. White-outs, two conga lines and tons of blowing snow. Well at least we made it back in one piece. I'm dead tired, mainly from running back and forth to my son Alexander's hut to help him with his many fish.

We had a blast today fishing and meeting all the guys that showed up for the GTG. Special thanks to Blair for organizing the event and for meeting up with us yesterday to do some late afternoon perch fishing. Thanks to Chad as well for helping us though out the day.

Hope we can do this again next year!

Cheers.

I would not have wanted that drive, man I left Blairs shack and he volunteered to drive with us the make sure me and my son go back to the park, good job I had a gps, visibility was maybe 10feet, it came up instantly, we went in the shack to say thanks and then I had the shack door ripped out of my hand with my guess 50kms winds, glad to see you made it home ok :-)

I would not have wanted that drive, man I left Blairs shack and he volunteered to drive with us the make sure me and my son go back to the park, good job I had a gps, visibility was maybe 10feet, it came up instantly, we went in the shack to say thanks and then I had the shack door ripped out of my hand with my guess 50kms winds, glad to see you made it home ok :-)

Thanks. Ya it was a wild storm alright. I had over 300km to travel and most of the first part of it we were crawling at 30-40km/hr. It seemed to come in waves but we were able to pick up some speed further south. Now a day of rest before I get back to the bump and grind.......

that clam is Lota Lota's cousin. They found it on the shore this morning! It went for a ride last night. :stretcher:

Thanks Blair for letting us use the hut. Radio said the winds where 90kmh. I believe it. Nice big drift around your hut now.

The fishing wasn't really fast, but ended the weekend with 3 perch, 3 herring, 2 walleye, 1 pike, and 1 LING.. :thumbsup_anim: It wasn't the giant that I wanted, but it made it all worth while!

Managed to squeak by Alexander by one fish to take the "most fish" price. Split the pot with Trouty, who got the biggest fish with a decent pike.

Here's your half of the price Trouty.. A pile of change adding up to $13, and a hand full of lures!

Prize.jpg

Tagged a walleye first thing in the morning while packing up..

Dink.jpg

Or if your prefer this pose

Monster.jpg

And Dinner for tonight, and lunch for tomorrow.. :thumbsup_anim:

Dinner.jpg

It was awesome to meet everyone! Thanks again for the Jack last night Lota Lota. And thanks for the company Jason! The drive home was sketchy, but we made it :canadian:

Mercman thanx for donating some prizes. Motion, we (Brian & Brian) had similar driving to get to Sudbury, storm came out of no where. To my knowledge not even forecasted, but north of Sudbury they had a severe blizzard with 15 CM of snow. This AM was beautiful on Nepawassi Lake. Let's do it again next season. It was a blast.

Hoping U were gonna "Drop in". Ice was perfect for a landing strip

Ya but it would have been fun to watch him take off in that storm :whistling: Would have been great to see you Wayne, but you made the right call staying put. Hope to see you next year.

Hoping U were gonna "Drop in". Ice was perfect for a landing strip

not that rough frozen slush crap... if I was sure it was frozen solid it would have been wheels down, not skis!

Maybe next year.... might work it in on a trip North to fish real waters! LOL