Giant Muskie

BassMan11

This article is hilarious... So full of Bull its not even remotely believable.

1."pickeral" angler with 600 ft of 100 pound test line.

2. Fishing in 220 fow

3. Pulled out 200 feet of line on runs

4. The whole boat was bouncing

5. Took an hr to land ( on 100 lb test)

6. Weighed on a spring scale ( dont know too many walleye anglers that carry 70 lb scales)

7. Was a 65 lb muskie released that was a catch n realease record

8. ( i really hope this one isnt true) Bass Pro would pay 10 k for a mount of the fish? Ever heard of replicas? Im hoping that is Bull, just like the rest of the article.

Facts. Angler landed a very nice musky, and congrats to him for releasing it. As for the rest of the story... Was good for a laugh

As for the rest of the story... Was good for a laugh

my thoughts exactly. a real nice fish for the guy, but the story is one of the best "fish tales" I have ever heard. Good thing they took the part out where the boat actually submarined a few times and how they debated on cutting the line to save their lives

Congrats to the guy who caught and released the fish. Yes the story is a little fishy. The local reporters here are likely at fault as well?

I know the area quite well as it is literally my back yard :) I too am questioning the water depth? Although I cannot find my charts (there here in the house somewhere?) to verify.

Reguardless they are here. Had a big one swimming around me while standing in the water putting out my duck decoys a couple of weeks ago. Funny how something like that makes you scream like a little girl.....

Had a big one swimming around me while standing in the water putting out my duck decoys a couple of weeks ago. Funny how something like that makes you scream like a little girl.....

I woulda added a few ounces of fluid to the riverwhistling.gif

It was probably sizing up your decoys as a meal.I hear the big ones can actually swallow a duck.

That is a Monster none the less. 70pds? Not likely, but who cares, thats his first Ski and not one person on this board wouldn't be happy with it!! Bad hold, sure, will it die, maybe maybe not. Hopefully in the future he'll do better and educate himself. Hate how all these Musky posts allways get so wrong!

Good On Ya Bud!!! Way to snap your virginity with a Monster!! :clapping:

So ,its alright for a writer to write a bunch of lies(just because its fishing and fisherman are all liars,worst than crackheads)he never checked out anything that the guy told him,also his editor did no checking. Very reliable newspaper there.The news is not supposed to entertainment,just the facts ma'am just the facts.So to me this isn,t about muskies,its about how people accept bull,what if this was a very important story and all the facts were wrong??????????????