Ron's got the right idea

tonka-toy

Ran into Ron (of Coburg harbour fame) on the river today..

Ron and I had never met before and I was fishing along side a father and son when he arrived. The father had just finished explaining to me that his son had been begging him to take him rainbow fishing and although he didn't know that much about rainbow fishing, they set out to see if they could catch a few. It was late in the afternoon and it was their 2nd day of watching hundreds of fish being caught and they still had yet to get a bite. Mr Ron steps out of his car and within a few drifts promptly hooks about a four pound rainbow. He immediately turns to the kid and asks him if he'd like to fight this fish.. the young guys eyes nearly popped out of his head as he screamed yeeesss!! and he proceeded to land his first ever rainbow. I was lucky enough to have a hit next and following Ron's lead, let him land his second rainbow, about 7 pounds. Shortly after Ron followed that up by letting the young guy land his third. The father and son thanked Ron and myself many times to which we shared a few tips for future trips and they called it a day and left. I spent the next half hour talking to Ron about rainbows and muskies and fishing with our kids before the rain chased us from the creek.

Over the last four days fishing this spot, friends and I have enjoyed great success for steelhead but unfortunately witnessed a lot unsportsman like behaviour (like littering, many racial slurs etc) but meeting Ron and seeing the interaction between him and this father and son kinda reminded me of what fishing's all about. Just thought I'd share and pass along my thanks to Ron for reminding me......

Ron makes one hell of a great Ceasar too or Seizures

Yup. He should sell his recipe to the Clamato Company. He'd never have to work again.

I agree with the others on this thread that Ron is a fun person and very passionate about his fishing and life in general. If you ever get a chance to meet him, don't turn that chance down.

Oh come on guys,

I'm sure you would all do the same if you saw the situation.

Hey thanks for all the kind words.

Mike P, ha ha ha, my daughter would think of it differently! ha ha ha Steph was still happy to see Jade fight that muskie like a champ!

Garnet, too funny brother! roflmao!!!

Tonka-Toy, had a great chinwag with ya. Look forward to the next time we happen to meet up.

Special thanks to OFC, if it wasn't for this place, I never would have met up with half of my fishing buddys.

Cheers, Ron...