Tarp on a tiller boat.

linweir

do yourself a favor and get a boat cover....

i got one for my first boat at canadian tire on sale for around 80 bucks... had it 4 years and it went when i sold the boat... still in mint condition...

this way it puts your mind at ease... and it is easy to remove and store as well...

X2

Protect your investment.

Don`t know what type of boat ya have but what I did for the Stratos is this,

put the pedestal posts in the front and rear bases and cut some pvc pipe to fit over the posts and then ran a 2x2 the full lenght of the boat to form a frame, ran some rope off the cleats for some support and then tarped it.

Works like a charm.

Don`t know what type of boat ya have but what I did for the Stratos is this,

put the pedestal posts in the front and rear bases and cut some pvc pipe to fit over the posts and then ran a 2x2 the full lenght of the boat to form a frame, ran some rope off the cleats for some support and then tarped it.

Works like a charm.

What he said. Just a tarp won't hold the weight of the snow. It's very easy to put a frame under there. While you're at it, it'll only take you a few minutes to jack the trailer up a little and put it on blocks. Your tires will thank you and so will your suspension. Ah what the heck...give your wheels a spin and wobble them back and forth to check that your bearings are ok. :)

While you're at it, it'll only take you a few minutes to jack the trailer up a little and put it on blocks. Your tires will thank you and so will your suspension. Ah what the heck...give your wheels a spin and wobble them back and forth to check that your bearings are ok. :)

Absolutely Roy, I've been storing my boat/trailer on jacks for years.

I made a A frame out of Abs tube that sits on the seats of my 16ft tiller then I put the cover I got from Bass pro on and for winter I cover it all with a plastic tarp andput the nose high .

boat is covered in my drive if I get time will take a pic

I have a cover that keeps the dust etc. out of the boat but I park the boat inside one of those portable garages to keep the snow off. I purchased the garage on sale for $250 at CT and this will be it's 5th winter. I go out and knock the snow off the roof after a storm and because of this it has held up really well. I have 2 of the 10'X20' and one 10'X10'. They work great for storing all of my toys. ;)

Not a great shot but you can see the portable garage in the background.

P6070003.jpg

I just winterized and tarped my Larson on the weekend. I used 2x6 posts with notches with a 16' 2x6 going across the boat. All screwed together and a 28x20 tarp tied down to the trailer and she's done for the winter. Make sure you have the bow up a bit with the engine all the way down and the plug out. Any water that does make it's way in there will be able to run out. Can't wait for May to come so I can head up and pick up my boat and summerize her.

A tarp will be fine. Just make sure you have something to act as a type of 'A' frame like the others have said.

My 16.5 tiller stays outside all winter under a cheap CT tarp. Its not pretty but there are bungee cords and rope all over the place to make sure its covered properly.

I use the summer tires from our 2 vehicles to make the 'A' frame. I also store lots of other stuff in there too...very usefull place to store stuff :thumbsup_anim: