Grammer police!

Headhunter

The happiest 4 years of my life . . . Grade 4 . . . . . where I wuzz stuck larnin' how two spell!

P.S. While we're at it, how many people dislike the offbeat font I use . . . . easier to read?[/font]

Works for me Steve.

My screen is at 150 %

I find I am so bad at typing that I am looking for the letter on the keyboard while trying to keep the train of thought going.

I sometimes miss words or change the thought I was trying to type because my brain has moved on to the next word/sentence but my fingers are still typing eight words behind

it gets confusing

it's why I don't go to the chat rooms very often

by the time I have my sentence typed everyone else has moved on to something else.........but lets make fun of that and lets put someone down because typing/spelling/grammar isn't the best..hell it make us feel more important when we put some down

but I almost never read posts/threads that are in capitals or in large bold fonts..for some reason I have trouble reading them

Edited by Terry

I don't think you or anyone else put down anyone on this thread..

however someone who don't type, write well will not enjoy reading they should do better or take pride in their posts and all the other comments

but on other threads I have see many people comment on peoples grammar, spelling or use of the English language

Edited by Terry

Ah, I get ya now. I do not correct people's grammar in posts. I think that would be rude. This topic came up and I joined in. I do not feel that there is any excuse for belittling people.

Edit: spelling. Lol

Edited by Grimace

Hmmmm.

I have tryed to stay away from this but cant any longer.

Learning disabilitys are difficult to overcome I too suffer from dislexcia.

I stated in my first post after joing OFC/OFC that my sspelling is (atrocius) I would like to to think that it has come a long way(thanks to OFC )

To see a topic like this is somewhat offencive.

I work with people every day that can barely speek english but are intelegent and highly skilled.

To say that a person is ignorant or not worthy of concideration soely based on thier mastery of the english language is rediculous!!!

That statement is

Ignorant within itself....

SALTYDAWG

Edited by saltydawg

Salty - your effort with your spelling/grammar is poifect...i think what the original poster was trying to convey was if people take the same pride into thier posts as they do of a picture of themselves holding a fish.....then the whole world would be poifect ( even with its flaws on poipuse)

For the record I have not taken any offence, and for what its worth, I'm fairly sure I am not one of the crazy bad posters.

I just thought I'd chime in and push a thought into the back of peoples minds...

Some of these horrible posts may in fact be someone’s best effort, or at the very least a "recreational" effort.

I figured if we are going to discuss the expectations of posts we should at least remember sometimes its not that easy...that's all.

I didn't intend to make it a heavy conversation.

Yes some of the comments insinuating that its perhaps so easy, or the intelligent thing to do is boarder line offensive, but I'm pretty thick skinned :whistling:

Had I been 20 years younger I'd be insulted, but that would be a confidence issue.

Now many years later I'm fully aware of my my limits, my potential, My true IQ and my successes in life.

Being a slow reader/writer is not an intelligence "thing" but sometimes people assume it is...So some people get a bit sensitive about it so please tread carefully.

If anything that's the point I'd like to make. :)

I really do not want to in this section has been everyone's underwear, but for the players, we can spend 10 seconds before we, check your spelling or syntax?

I do not want to pick up picky, but later, I've seen some terrible spelling and grammar of some of the folks posting and frankly, it left the reader the impression that a "Oh!" ?

Readers of your articles, we can only equivalent to who you are and what you say, depending on your type of content. If you type / spell serious, it is our impression that the reader will have you as a person. Use the "word" spell check, it is very simple, just cut and paste into Word, check it. Then, cut and paste into OFC your back ... Tada, you're done!

This is not very pretty, but it is what it is!

Thank you folks!

HH

Edited by crossover

It's too bad. Maybe you should have stayed for one more class to learn the difference between "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less". :D

Its too bad that this bothers you...Again my point, all that matters...

I do agree with others that this thread in itself it rude and insulting to people (such as me) that do have issues, whatever they may be..Quite frankly it nobody's business..And pointing out somebody's errors, is smug at best.

Edited by tb4me

Its too bad that this bothers you...Again my point, all that matters...

I do agree with others that this thread in itself it rude and insulting to people (such as me) that do have issues, whatever they may be..Quite frankly it nobody's business..And pointing out somebody's errors, is smug at best.

It's, not its.

Well, I am the O.P and frankly, I am quite surprised at how thin some of youse folk's skin really is... I had no intention to insult or belittle anyone in my original post. I was simply trying to get the roughly 1% of the posters here to maybe include a comma or period now and then.

I'll be the first to point out that I am a horrific speller... but funny enough, I am an excellent proof reader of other peoples' work... go figure, so I guess I have a disability as well.

Guys, this is not Shakespeare, it a fishing site... but, if you can't create a paragraph, can't use a comma or a period, then MAYBE you should consider using a spell/grammar check before you post, if you wish folks to read the post and continue your topic... that was my intent, however it seems some here have to break out their big spoon and still the pot...

And funny enough, most who have taken at least some level of offense are not even the folks I was hinting at!

Good grief!

HH

Crossover I am firmly convinced that you have missunderstod the meaning of this thread.

ARE WE DONE YET???????????

Saltydawg.

Misunderstood has two o's.

ps I was just kidding.

I think a lot of people are missing the point. It's not about everyone being grammatically perfect. In the last 50 posts or so people talked about learning disabilities and some have come out with them - and while their posts may not have been perfect it didn't matter because they were coherent and effort was clearly put into them, and the message was conveyed. The point isn't to offend these people.

But when someone posts something like:

hey guys i gunna go too lake grammer dis satuday i never bean befoare can sumone ofer tips i no tha fhish are in their also what bate do i use thanks al for advise

That just pisses me off. If you are going to ask for advice, you are asking people to put in effort that they don't have to put in to help you. So put in some effort yourself into at least some punctuation and close to proper spelling and spacing so it's not an eyesore to read.

then I guess I will piss people off

cause I don't care to please people by checking my grammar

feel free not to click on my posts and if you feel the need to try to correct me

I will tell you where to go..........

oh and if anyone tries to correct my grammar while in a boat with me

do wear your lifejacket, hopefully we will not be too far from shore when it happens

LOL:sarcasm:

But when someone posts something like:

hey guys i gunna go too lake grammer dis satuday i never bean befoare can sumone ofer tips i no tha fhish are in their also what bate do i use thanks al for advise

It probably means they are illiterate, or have a reading/writing disability, or are from somewhere else.. I would most definately NOT embarass them by making a negative comment on it. People adapt to adversity,and this may just be his/her way of adapting.There are members in here who use english as a second language.We never know who they are.But i have been able to figure out who a few of them are, by thier posts.

BTW, i had no problem understanding what you typed above.Actually found it amusing.