Quinte Report

Bigworm

Put a solid days fishing in on Quinte this weekend only to end up empty handed....along with a number of others I'm sure. Fished the gap after seeing our fishfinder light up and wasn't able to get a single fish to cooperate. Talked to a couple locals and they said the same. Only saw 2 fish caught, one on a bottom bouncer and the other by "U and Me" charters. Maybe if he is on this board he can tell you a better story then mine but for us the livewell remained empty this weekend. On Saturday there were 15-20 boats and when we drove by today only 2. Tried everything in our arsanal to no avail. :( Hopefully it is better when we go back in November. Attached is a picture of our fishfinder.

Mark

Fishfinder.jpg

Saturday was tough. Was out testing out my buddies(FamilyGuy) new to him Ranger 621 (picked it up in Michigan on Thankgiving). What a sweet ride. I can't get in my crestliner again after fishing in that passenger liner for the day!!!

We got a late start and hit Picton boat ramp around 10 am. Fished till dark and managed to go 2 for 3. Met up with some old buds at the ramp GMAN (Gavin) and found it was a slow day for the pros too, early bite and slow the rest of the day. Talked to several who blanked and a few guys had 2/3/4 fish for all day.

Highl;ight of the trip was this surprise. Hit a Taildancer right after Rob pulled the planer board off the line. What a rip it toook and then peeled off a ton of line, jumped 2-3 times way back. We both said alomost at the same time - That ain't no Walleye. Nice male around 12-13. It was twisted when he was holding it, really thick and deep fish

IMG00109-20111022-1641.jpg

Edited by Fang