Huge Pike

GBW

It can work in reverse though too Craig.

If you catch a monster fish and accidentely hold it too close to your body you can actually make your 6 foot long, 50 pound fish appear to be small :lol::sarcasm:

May0204.jpg

Just how long have you been waiting to use this picture Lew? Ha ha ha

Priceless!

Cheers, Ron...

I have to agree with Craig on this one.

I really dont like that picture setup.

If its a huge fish would dont have to make it look bigger. Some of the people on this board do some awesome creative pictures. First one that comes to mind is Dan and his brookies.

I think the older you are and the more fish you catch the less interested you are to do this.

Lew is perfect example he has caught so many nice fish he doesnt even take many pictures now unless its an extraordinary one.

Darren

I heard that was caught in Long Point Bay 2 months ago

Too funny Dan.I like the OP pic.Big happy dude holding a good sized fish,thats what its all about,right?

For the record,the fish in my avatar was pulled from my parents aquarium and held real close to the camera.

Knowing Dave from the show and Ryan from here I would say that pic was done in fun it is cool and you can tell from the look in Dave's eyes he just wanted to let the fish go so he could grab the minnow bucket.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

As a newbie here...I just want to add my unbiased opinion!

Held further away from the body...close to the body...regular lens...fish eye lens...whatever! It's still a big freakin' fish! Especially to a newbie here whose PB is a 12" Perch!

When I joined this forum and knew any pics of mine (at least for the next few years) would pale in comparison to the more advanced anglers here, I still felt excited to post my future experiences with pride!

BUT...when I read this thread and went from "WOW what an awesome fish!" to reading everyone complaining about how the pic was taken, I thought...this is way out of MY league! And now I will feel I will never measure up so ...why bother.

The complaints have seriously discouraged me from wanting to post any future pics of my journey into this hobby for fear they aren't "technically" correct. I won't ever have a qualified "photographer" on board. At most, I'll have a P&S camera with an amateur behind it. And the angle may never be quite right...and I definitely might not know how to correctly hold the fish yet!

So...my question then is...

Is this forum THAT serious about the guidelines of the pictures taken...that simply taking pride in a shared interest and posting fun pics to excite all AND make all newbies want to take part in the sport not acceptable?! I certainly did not get that impression from the awesome members here so am a little surprised by this thread!

Edited by Miracon

Miracon, don't worry about the comments as nothing will ever be perfect. Dave (the guy in the pic) has a show and is an emcee for a major bass tour so some times people take shots when they can. Ryan (theurbanfisher) works for Dave and took the pic hence his reply. I found the pic via twitter or facebook and posted it cause it is a very nice fish and a cool pic, so why not share...

Post your progress and pic's and you will have the full support of everyone here (just look at Dana! ;)). the odd time someone will poke fun at you (I get it all the time! so does CCMT, HAHAHA) or tell you that you held the fish wrong but don't worry about it. poke fun back and learn from the past to do it right the next time. Just enjoy...

Geoff

It sure was Dan. On 8lb mono. Can you believe that? The dude was apparently targeting walleyes.

That pic of the guy with the monster pike has been posted in various places on the net for many years. Every time it pops up it's caught on a different lake just recently. I believe it was actually caught somewhere in Europe.

That pic of the guy with the monster pike has been posted in various places on the net for many years. Every time it pops up it's caught on a different lake just recently. I believe it was actually caught somewhere in Europe.

Roy was just messing with everyone for that very reason...

Edited by GBW

Hard to know for sure...? I think this photo is cool, and, would like to see another as well that better represents the fishes realism... (even if it was another with similar EAP but just backed off from the fish and angler)

Got some photos here of pike at 42-43 inches that look bigger than the ones taken of 46-47 inchers. With the angle this photo was taken those same 42-43's could look like 50's no problem.

Great fish nonetheless for Dave. Girth is a given, but length... really could be anywhere from 40-50. One thing about all Tobin pike I've seen posted online, is they are some of the slobbiest fish to be found anywhere. It's OK to play with camera angles and poses with the catch, just as it's OK to fine tune photos within the modern day darkrooms we now call photoshops. Dave's catch, Dave's picture, Dave's memory, Dave's life, Dave's choice. This photo of Dave's catch from "Tobin," tells me he's doing something right.

Great catch and photo. That grin says alot more about the moment than anything or anyone else.

Edited by Moosebunk

No, my friend told me that his friend caught it

No, my friend told me that his friend caught it

and I wish they would quit photoshoping my face out I'm WAY better looking than that guy LOL

WHO really cares anyways it's obvious some people are really jelous of that fish and wish Dave would hold them like that LOL my spelling and comments are meant to be terrible just like the comments in this thread .Hey Dave mabye next time you can hold your big pike like a guitar :whistling: